Sponsorship

14 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Would the fact that a new company now runs the club change this? This is the reason Byrne and Buchanan have been able to leave the club.

I doubt it, you’d think the contracts are with the club. Then again, Byrne and Buchanan’s were as well…

39 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Would the fact that a new company now runs the club change this? This is the reason Byrne and Buchanan have been able to leave the club.

Yes but that was due to TUPE, 32 Red don’t have that option 

Edited by Woodley Ram

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I would probably guess it will be another betting company, as they tend to offer the most money and due to our business plan, we’re in no position to leave money on the table. 

Yes, that is the reality. Money is the deciding factor. Personally, I find the gambling industries practice of sportswashing their filthy money rather despicable. 

The sad thing is that local businesses don’t have the clout they used to have, they are too busy fighting to survive rather than being community focused. (Not all of course ! ) The crazy world of football finance steers clubs towards the dross who have our money to burn. Betting companies, Payday lenders and Lord knows what. 

I am old fashioned enough to think your football club should be sponsored in the greater part by the royalty of local industry. We have Beer, Jet engines, Railway trains, Caravans, property developers, motor traders and manufacturers. Some of those are involved of course it looks like football has to be promoted by something other than these now , it offends me just a little bit although I am pragmatic enough to know it’s part of life. 

I am old, out of date, definitely stuffy and opinionated, but I’d rather have a local scrap merchant sponsoring us than a betting company which regardless of morality is in my view an unworthy endeavour that adds little to the world 

1 hour ago, jono said:

The sad thing is that local businesses don’t have the clout they used to have, they are too busy fighting to survive rather than being community focused. (Not all of course ! ) The crazy world of football finance steers clubs towards the dross who have our money to burn. Betting companies, Payday lenders and Lord knows what. 

I am old fashioned enough to think your football club should be sponsored in the greater part by the royalty of local industry. We have Beer, Jet engines, Railway trains, Caravans, property developers, motor traders and manufacturers. Some of those are involved of course it looks like football has to be promoted by something other than these now , it offends me just a little bit although I am pragmatic enough to know it’s part of life. 

I am old, out of date, definitely stuffy and opinionated, but I’d rather have a local scrap merchant sponsoring us than a betting company which regardless of morality is in my view an unworthy endeavour that adds little to the world 

I am not against bookies displaying odds in newspapers and the like, but constant gambling adverts are a national disgrace.  We should not be telling people to "bet now", any more than we do to "smoke Benson and Hedges".    

I don't think they' ll be too interested in Lg2 anyway.  Every cloud.

26 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I am not against bookies displaying odds in newspapers and the like, but constant gambling adverts are a national disgrace.  We should not be telling people to "bet now", any more than we do to "smoke Benson and Hedges".    

Have we been relegated again...ffs damn the efl

9 hours ago, jono said:

The crazy world of football finance steers clubs towards the dross who have our money to burn. Betting companies, Payday lenders and Lord knows what

I am old, out of date, definitely stuffy and opinionated, but I’d rather have a local scrap merchant sponsoring us 

Well it's either this

image.png.4a0b395f7d5d1bdc3f2070f7fa169e53.png

Or this

image.thumb.png.c3e3e7e26e3fd1baa78da810e0905225.png

8 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

I love the adverts aimed at trying to limit your gambling, when the clown says please gamble responsibly…..then in the next set of adverts is trying to get you to bet on the number of corners, bookings etc etc…..priceless ?

9 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

I don't think they' ll be too interested in Lg1 anyway.  Every cloud.

I particularly dislike the constant refrain of 'it's more fun if you bet on the outcome'.

No it's not.

I always thought the slogan ‘ when it stops being fun, stop’ would have led to an empty stadium the season before last!

I do hate the betting adverts, though I understand companies want to advertise themselves but it seems to be endless from betting companies. It must encourage more betting or they wouldn’t spend so much doing it.

I don’t gamble for a lot of reasons, one being  because I’m a poor loser!