Sponsorship

54 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

You missed the entire point of why this could be extremely relevant to our club.

Derby could make a vehement public stand that they won't accept alcohol or betting sponsorship because they care about the physical and mental wellbeing of their supporters.

Do you think that has precious little to do with the people in this group? Most of whom will have been harmed, or know somebody harmed by alcohol or gambling?

Derby could stimulate a wave of support from people outside of our usual support base. A bit like Forest Green with being organic and carbon neutral (I think) did, but on a MUCH bigger level.

That would create crapload of national publicity that could possibly bring in a bigger sponsor who wants to be associated with that ground swell of feeling and support.

Radical change is often preceded by radical actions that only after the event look like common sense. At the time they look like commercial suicide.

My comments have got everything to do with Derby and our future success. I know plenty of marketing groups I can go and post in if that is my objective. 

Does that mean you also want them to stop serving alcohol in the concourses and close the betting kiosks? What better way to show they care about the physical and mental wellbeing of their supporters?  I imagine it would go down really well. Suggest it to Mr Clowes.

The reason I think this should go in the 'pub' forum is because it actually doesn't have that much to do solely with DCFC.  Its a 'football' issue (if its an issue at all), with so many clubs being sponsored by betting clubs and selling beer.  

Edited by LazloW

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

Does that mean you also want them to stop serving alcohol in the concourses and close the betting kiosks? What better way to show they care about the physical and mental wellbeing of their supporters?  I imagine it would go down really well. Suggest it to Mr Clowes.

The reason I think this should go in the 'pub' forum is because it actually doesn't have that much to do solely with DCFC.  Its a 'football' issue (if its an issue at all), with so many clubs being sponsored by betting clubs and selling beer.  

I think both things would be great and show real guts and care for your supporters.

Almost every single major cause of death for young adult males from suicide to RTA's to accidents to almost every cancer are increased by alcohol.

BUT, both drinking and gambling are legal activities, so selling it is by no means the same thing as not advertising it.

Until Government stops being pay-rolled by the alcohol industry both directly and indirectly, and makes advertising alcohol illegal (like France did when it got fed up of being the laughing stock of Europe for alcohol dependency) then it's tough to say you won't sell it.

But selling something and actively promoting/endorsing it are not the same thing. Lots of places sell cigarettes, but they cannot advertise or endorse them.

As supporters we have little influence over Society as a whole or even Government policy because both Labour and the Tories have refused to take a stand, but we have a lot of say comparably over our club. So that is why I think it's relveant.

1 hour ago, Tricky1884 said:

You reap what you sow I'd like us to stand out for the right reasons go local or have something like Mind the Mental health charity.  I'm not woke just like to stand out for good things not bad. 

Already there Tricky and has been for a while

image.png.6dfc7592a9e1639dc0483462458a27f3.png

43 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Already there Tricky and has been for a while

image.png.6dfc7592a9e1639dc0483462458a27f3.png

That's cool. All I really want is something meaningful and people will remember not something seven other teams have or have had   I brought the 94 away shirt last weeks AutoWindscreen still a classic for me. 

8 minutes ago, Tricky1884 said:

That's cool. All I really want is something meaningful and people will remember not something seven other teams have or have had   I brought the 94 away shirt last weeks AutoWindscreen still a classic for me. 

As we're now in league 1 and not going to feature anywhere near I'd have though on Sky as last season, So all the big betting companies and beer brands will give us a swerve as there will be no big exposure, There are plenty of local millionaires, Big businesses who would I hope love to sponsor their local team, Free tickets for their employees, A boost for advertising, Being linked with a great club with a huge fan base...What I don't want is the Forestry commission to sponsor us, I couldn't bare us having a Tree on the front of our shirts?  

Doesn't it equate that the lower down the football pyramid a club plays at, the more local a sponsor becomes.  So at what level of sponsorship do we as a league one club now fit?

Well known Multinational / National Companies.

Multinational / National companies with a local connection.

Large well known local companies.

A small businesses owner that wants to help the club financially, while hoping to drum up business for their company.

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I thought Kirchner said 32Red has another year? Not the first time he was talking s*** though, to be fair.

Would the fact that a new company now runs the club change this? This is the reason Byrne and Buchanan have been able to leave the club.