Sponsorship

That truly appalling betting sponsorship is no more than God. The shirts yesterday carried a logo which is obviously some sort of interim measure and it was a statement rather than anything to offer financial benefit.

Is there anything in the pipeline?

Fwiw if its an outside business there is no way we will carry a betting sponsorship again.

18 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

That truly appalling betting sponsorship is no more than God. The shirts yesterday carried a logo which is obviously some sort of interim measure and it was a statement rather than anything to offer financial benefit.

Is there anything in the pipeline?

Fwiw if its an outside business there is no way we will carry a betting sponsorship again.

I would probably guess it will be another betting company, as they tend to offer the most money and due to our business plan, we’re in no position to leave money on the table. 

I'll be honest (last season the exception as I bought a blank one), the only shirts I've got from the sponsorship era are ones where I've 'liked' the main shirt sponsor. British Midland, Bass, Auto Windscreens, Puma, EDS, Pedigree, The Derbyshire, Bombardier and Avon Tyres... and I'll be bidding for one of the ones used yesterday when they come up for auction too!

Edited by Black ('n' White) Sheep

I'll be happy if:

A/  I like the shirt enough to fork out for one.
B/  We retain the option to purchase without the sponsor logo.

I've limited myself to various training shirts over the past decade or so, in place of actual replicas, as one or both of the above haven't applied.
I think in general, rather than having a dislike of a specific sponsor, most sponsor logo's are just too "in yer face" for my liking... and yes of course I understand why they make them so "stand out"! 
I'm not one for general tee shirts with logos/motifs/designs etc, tbf.

I dont really care too much about the sponsorship, its not a deciding factor if i like/buy a kit or not. Whichever sponsor gives the club the most money will do me.

A betting company doesnt make me bet more, a food company doesnt make me eat more & a bank doesnt make me want to move banks

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I dont really care too much about the sponsorship, its not a deciding factor if i like/buy a kit or not. Whichever sponsor gives the club the most money will do me.

A betting company doesnt make me bet more, a food company doesnt make me eat more & a bank doesnt make me want to move banks

Not the case for others though or they wouldn’t do it. I have an uncle who ruined his life through a joint alcohol and gambling addiction and so would much rather we secured an alternative sponsor than a gambling company.

26 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not the case for others though or they wouldn’t do it. I have an uncle who ruined his life through a joint alcohol and gambling addiction and so would much rather we secured an alternative sponsor than a gambling company.

Oh I fully understand why people dont like it, but at the same time imo if someone is going to do something they will do it rather than be too influenced by a shirt sponsor.

The way it influences me for example is if it brings any offers, for example if its Just Eat i would be more likely use that app over Deliveroo if I was getting a bigger discount...either way I would have been ordering a takeaway though

Edited by DCFC1388

31 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

What about if Bubbles sponsored. 

Would that turn ya head? 

2 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I'll be honest (last season the exception as I bought a blank one), the only shirts I've got from the sponsorship era are ones where I've 'liked' the main shirt sponsor. British Midland, Bass, Auto Windscreens, Puma, EDS, Pedigree, The Derbyshire, Bombardier and Avon Tyres... and I'll be bidding for one of the ones used yesterday when they come up for auction too!

I used to alternate wearing the  'EDS' shirt with a 'Numan' shirt, just to let people know I'd got things under control... 

34 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Oh I fully understand why people dont like it, but at the same time imo if someone is going to do something they will do it rather than be too influenced by a shirt sponsor.

The way it influences me for example is if it brings any offers, for example if its Just Eat i would be more likely use that app over Deliveroo if I was getting a bigger discount...either way I would have been ordering a takeaway though

It’s not just the shirt sponsorship though is it, all the other add ons that go with it….if it makes no difference why do they waste their money?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It’s not just the shirt sponsorship though is it, all the other add ons that go with it….if it makes no difference why do they waste their money?

Im not saying in general in makes no difference, it makes people more aware of them as a brand. So for 32red for example, if someone was going to have a bet they would maybe go to 32red to do it, but they were going to put a bet on anyway. With justeat, if you was getting a takeaway it might just mean you go to them instead of UberEats, either way you was getting a takeaway.

For the record, this is my opinion only & i fully understand why people think differently.

Edited by DCFC1388