Sponsorship

Don't have any problem with who sponsors us, but can see why people wouldn't want gambling firms. Problem is where do you stop? Ads are meant to draw people in, be it alcohol, gambling, eating, and most things have a negative impact if done in excess. Should we stop serving alcohol at the games to discourage irresponsible drinking?

I don't tend to buy many kits as an adult nowadays, I'd only wear it to lounge around in or play sports, and I'm playing sports less and less nowadays! 

5 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

There’s a picture on Twitter of a young girls DCFC team. 

The sponsor on that kit, and the kit itself, look great. Red on the sponsor is a winner for me. 

Sponsor is SAUK 

I'm pretty sure that's Clifton Mitchel's security firm...Boxing mostly

On 12/07/2022 at 11:03, Bob The Badger said:

Freedom of choice has actually never been a human need.

Of course it has. Not everything is about function. 

That's a myth steeped in ignorance and privilege. 

Eh? There's more to life than just surviving!

Hunter gathers had no choice whether to hunt or gather.

It was hunt or die.

Drink this clean water or die.

And in other times, fight (or join the army) or die.

Agreed. But we also chose to do X, Y or Z even as cave dwellers.

Or pay taxes or die (or at least lose you liberty)

Totally. I'm not suggested a free for all, just that there needs to be some limits to where the line is in terms of the level of central control over what we chose to do.

Should we not have banned Coca-cola from adding cocaine to their drinks or given them the freedom of choice and people the freedom of choice whether to but it?

And should we have allowed opium dens and the rampant use of heroin to have spread by allowing people to make their own choices?

Was it wrong to make it illegal for people to drive whilst drunk or to have to wear a seatbelt? Or should they have had a choice?

Perhaps we shouldn't have insisted airlines perform proper maintenance or screen luggage for bombs and given people the choice whether to risk their lives or not?

In the majority of those cases, it was about ignorance or changes in circumstance. Very simplistic view there me 'owd.

We are controlled and persuaded, but it's largely because we're ducking idiots who would self destruct in the pursuit of pleasure otherwise. 

I agree. We need 'something' to stop us from imploding but equally, there has to be limits. Putting a logo on a shirt is not the same as screening luggage for bombs or literally feeding us physically/mentally addictive chemicals. Advertising is saying 'here's some stuff' - it's up to you if you want to buy the b*gger. Not the same thing IMO.

I gamble now and then as do the vast majority with no problems. Same with drink and drugs. Not everyone is a fecking idiot who can't stop. Those people would find their poison somehow but I don't get this noisy minority that have such a massive influence on the rest of us. Of course I'm not saying 'fk it - let's have it all' but equally, where's the bar? Do we ban ale 'cos some people drink too much? Do we ban masturbation because of the population decline? Do we stop people having freedom of speech because someone doesn't like or agree with what you're saying? 

As you were.

Edited by Raich Carter

Managed to find someone doing remake replicas of old kits. 

believe that this kit original had 3 sponsors, Bass, Sportsweek and BPCC. 

It’s a bit before my time but thought it looked cool and didn’t cost the Earth so I bought it.

can someone who followed us back then answer this: How does it compare to the actual strips in the 80s? Are the shades of blue similar enough? 

9CE167DC-38C0-47DF-B61D-D56028482BF5.jpeg

6 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Managed to find someone doing remake replicas of old kits. 

believe that this kit original had 3 sponsors, Bass, Sportsweek and BPCC. 

It’s a bit before my time but thought it looked cool and didn’t cost the Earth so I bought it.

can someone who followed us back then answer this: How does it compare to the actual strips in the 80s? Are the shades of blue similar enough? 

9CE167DC-38C0-47DF-B61D-D56028482BF5.jpeg

Check @loweman2's book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Colours-Rams-colours-County-Football/dp/1727616618?ref_=d6k_applink_bb_dls&dplnkId=9f464ef4-3f04-4698-a260-aa6888021ebc

Whilst you're waiting for delivery, there's this thread