Women's Euro 2022

17 minutes ago, mozza said:

So proud of each and everyone of 'em, fantastic tournament and.. we have a nice trophy to round it off. Well done girls, inspirational performances all round, buzzin'..

They've brought a new meaning to "playing like a girl"!
Hope the blokes in the game show the same coursge snd strength of character.

Some VERY enthusiastic challenges tonight from both sides.

Both teams gave as good as they got.

Tough job for the ref who did well generally.

Great game....great win!

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't know how you can do a comparison. Whilst I much prefer watching England's women's team to the men I'm sure if we'd won the men's Euros at Wembley the crowd then would have stayed well after the final whistle.

Seen plenty of men's championship finals. None of them had a remotely similar post match atmosphere. Even those where the home nation won. 

Sky Sports will be going bonkers over women’s football now. My prediction is they will scrap the 2pm Prem game now and your Sunday double header will be a woman’s game at 2pm and Men’s at 4.30pm. 

PS just for the record , I didn’t watch a single second of the whole tournament as I have no interest in it personally.

I think this could be the death of civilisation as we know it. Women will finally realise what they always suspected. They are superior to men, even in an area men have tried to keep to themselves.

If you’re a man feeling a bit meh about their achievement, it’s probably because you feel a little emasculated by girl power.

The Lionesses have done what the dopey, overpaid men’s team, with their stupid haircuts and choreographed goal celebrations, couldn’t.

In a game in which, let’s face it, they were being outplayed towards full time, they managed to turn it around and not only score, but see out the game.

Good luck to them. 

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

Sky Sports will be going bonkers over women’s football now. My prediction is they will scrap the 2pm Prem game now and your Sunday double header will be a woman’s game at 2pm and Men’s at 4.30pm. 

PS just for the record , I didn’t watch a single second of the whole tournament as I have no interest in it personally.

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

49 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think this could be the death of civilisation as we know it. Women will finally realise what they always suspected. They are superior to men, even in an area men have tried to keep to themselves.

If you’re a man feeling a bit meh about their achievement, it’s probably because you feel a little emasculated by girl power.

The Lionesses have done what the dopey, overpaid men’s team, with their stupid haircuts and choreographed goal celebrations, couldn’t.

In a game in which, let’s face it, they were being outplayed towards full time, they managed to turn it around and not only score, but see out the game.

Good luck to them. 

Yeah but they were playing against a team of girls. 

Seriously though that first goal was a cracker. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Good luck to them. 

Sexist 

12 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The girls have shown such joy in winning and the celebrations are just a big party. 

Seems so different to the mena championships. It's half an hour after the match finished and the stadium is still well populated, the tunes are belting out and all the girls are thanking the crowd for coming. 

It's really lovely. 

12 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't know how you can do a comparison. Whilst I much prefer watching England's women's team to the men I'm sure if we'd won the men's Euros at Wembley the crowd then would have stayed well after the final whistle.

Whilst I agree that if the lads had won, the stadium would’ve still been rocking well after the final whistle, I doubt the mens team would celebrate in the same way.  The men are too media trained nowadays.  Couldn’t see Kane leading a conga line through the media room whilst Gareth was doing his press conference…

3 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

10 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Seen plenty of men's championship finals. None of them had a remotely similar post match atmosphere. Even those where the home nation won. 

In that case, I have to admire your memory. As far as I can see (remarkably I have been known to be wrong) it’s 38 years since a nation last won it on home soil. It happened twice more before that but those occasions were way back in the sixties. Even the World Cup has only been won once by the home nation in the last 40 years. 

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

In that case, I have to admire your memory. As far as I can see (remarkably I have been known to be wrong) it’s 38 years since a nation last won it on home soil. It happened twice more before that but those occasions were way back in the sixties. Even the World Cup has only been won once by the home nation in the last 40 years. 

France

39 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Whilst I agree that if the lads had won, the stadium would’ve still been rocking well after the final whistle, I doubt the mens team would celebrate in the same way.  The men are too media trained nowadays.  Couldn’t see Kane leading a conga line through the media room whilst Gareth was doing his press conference…

I’m very much inclined to agree with you but we’re assuming rather being able to make actual comparisons. 

22 minutes ago, Anon said:

24. You had me panicking for a second there.

That was the World Cup (I did say the World Cup had only been won once by the host nation in the last 40 years). 

I believe it is 38 years since a nation last won the mens European Championships on home soil. France again in 1984.