Women's Euro 2022

2 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

This has put me off the whole thing, her goal is forever tainted for me.

We’re never going to be allowed to forget Zamora’s goal are we?!

I was at every England game at the tournament and I thoroughly enjoyed it (even more so than Euro 2020 last year). The atmosphere at the games was really good. No slagging off players or obscene chants just everyone getting behind the team.

I thought I would never see a team I support win a trophy. It was an unbelievable feeling. So proud of the players.

Literally just picked up a courtesy car... switched ignition on...  Ear drums got blasted by Talk Sport blaring out the commo for that Bobby Zamora moment, then went live to a phone call with him.

...And the courtesy car is as red as red can be!  ?

Today is gonna be a 5h1tte day!  

Grrr.  Seethe.  etc!  

Whilst I acknowledge congratulate what they have done, I still won't be taking time out from now to watch them....I'll watch finals like I did this 1......I don't watch mens premiership football, I solely only watch Derby..,...I love Rugby, but I only watch international games......but not ladies internationals, not sexist, it just doesn't enthuze me

9 hours ago, Baj said:

FZFleYuUEAEn41x.jpg

9 hours ago, Baj said:

If anyone can let me know how to make images smaller...

I'm no good with screenshots, so hopefully words will suffice...

Insert pic as you have done above.
Double Click on the image, which should highlight it blue, and bring up a separate box, which shows the size of the pic.
(Your pic is 800 x 800)
Keep the tick next to "KEEP ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO".
Click on the left hand dimension to highlight it (or delete it with the cursor), and replace it with... in this example below... 200.
(The right hand dimension will auto change, as you ticked to keep the same ratio). 
Click Update at the bottom of the box.
The box will disappear, and your pic will resize before your very eyes.

Et voila...

image.png.2f2aa258e3e6f710065e46e90963f363.png

EDIT:
You can repeat the process, if you have gone too small, or want it smaller still (You'll soon get used to what size to aim for).
All before you submit your post, of course.

Edited by Mucker1884

3 hours ago, BriggRam said:

Whilst I acknowledge congratulate what they have done, I still won't be taking time out from now to watch them....I'll watch finals like I did this 1......I don't watch mens premiership football, I solely only watch Derby..,...I love Rugby, but I only watch international games......but not ladies internationals, not sexist, it just doesn't enthuze me

I only really watch derby. I rarely watch premier league stuff, I’ll occasionally watch the highlights if something interesting has happened, and I’ll follow it all on the radio. If I’m on a long journey and there’s a random match on, I’ll often listen to it. So all the WSL stuff doesn’t really interest me at all, not cos it’s not interesting, but because I have absolutely no skin in the game. 

but I am an England fan, so I’ll watch England matches whenever I can, and I’m as happy to watch the women as I am the men. It really makes no difference to me who’s playing, as long as they’re wearing the England shirt, and they’re not playing crap football. 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Slightly changing the subject... Yesterday I hear someone saying that the 3 biggest gates in Europe so far this calendar year have all been women’s games (2 in Spain as well as the final at Wembley). Not what most people would expect 

90000 for barca v real, 87000 for the euro final and 67000 at old Trafford? 

Thought manure pulled in 75k ish, but maybe the plastics got hacked off with them as they were rubbish..... 

Some interesting stuff out there about why the womens game was "banned" by the FA in 1921. 

It wasn't actually banned, the FA made it against the rules for professional clubs to allow womens teams to use their grounds.

A few red herrings were thrown around about it being unhealthy for women, and now the war is over they need to go back to normal etc.

The truth was that during and just after the war, crowds of up to 53,000 (with 14,000 locked out) at Goodison park were being attracted with the proceeds going to soldiers charities. 

During this period the country was in turmoil with many thousands of poor workers on strike, with no safety net, so the womens game proceeds started going to feed hungry strikers and their families, a situation the government found intolerable, so pressure was put on the FA to stop it.

https://thewomensfootballmagazine.com/features/1921-fa-ban-on-womens-football

• 2 months later...

Watching the Lionesses tonight instead of the Championship game, never thought I’d say that. Good start as well, come on England ??????? 

11 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Watching the Lionesses tonight instead of the Championship game, never thought I’d say that. Good start as well, come on England ??????? 

However now defending like Derby under LR

19 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Started going to watch Derby Women at The Don Amott Arena on a Sunday myself. Nothing better to do really and it's free entry for season ticket holders, brisk 20 minute walk from home.

Glory hunting though- they'd won a game 5-0 a few weeks back so I decided to go to the next game. Won 6-1, enjoyable. Went once more and they lost 2-0, missed loads of easy chances.

Not sure if  I'll keep it up though tbh, will go to a couple more and decide.

Edited by Kokosnuss