Women's Euro 2022

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

They seem determined to play it out from the back at all costs. They nearly got caught a few times before the goal.

They are playing very risky football, good to watch though

17 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Watching the Lionesses tonight instead of the Championship game, never thought I’d say that. Good start as well, come on England ??????? 

Just tweeted about this actually.

Sat in the pub, QPR v Reading game on, bunch of blokes shout stick the England game on.

Shortly after they score and a loud cheer goes up.

Must admit, I've watched very little of the women's game, had no idea it was on, but for a male dominated pub to ask for this on, it's clear times are changing with regards to attitude to the women's game.

Looks like a decent crowd there as well.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

It's a very entertaining game for sure.

This is a cracking game, however VAR is still as s*** in the womens game as the mens (didn’t think it was offside) 

10 hours ago, TexasRam said:

This is a cracking game, however VAR is still as s*** in the womens game as the mens (didn’t think it was offside) 

I agree, didn't look offside to me. On the other hand (no pun intended) we saw why VAR is required. Their penalty was rightly ruled out. 

30 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree, didn't look offside to me. On the other hand (no pun intended) we saw why VAR is required. Their penalty was rightly ruled out. 

The penalty decision was 100% correct didn’t understand how she gave it in the 1st place  

19 hours ago, David said:

Just tweeted about this actually.

Sat in the pub, QPR v Reading game on, bunch of blokes shout stick the England game on.

Shortly after they score and a loud cheer goes up.

Must admit, I've watched very little of the women's game, had no idea it was on, but for a male dominated pub to ask for this on, it's clear times are changing with regards to attitude to the women's game.

Looks like a decent crowd there as well.

76k or just over. Become very popular among families as its such a different demographic of crowd it's seen as safer and a more pleasant experience. 

I know a few folk at work who go. Haven't done so myself yet, but that's just laziness rather than any ideological opposition ?