Women's Euro 2022

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Wow, those tickets are super cheap. Again, this is what the mens game should be about. Less greed = less money = a more sporting / better spectacle = more fans = more money. 

I know it’s imposible to put the genie back in the bottom, but money really is the root of all evil in football. 

how do you fix it at this stage?

my solution would be to mandate that all football clubs be classified as community charities, and ran as such. Not for profit, any profit goes towards community projects, and all wages are scrutinised. Imagine if the consequence of your football club doing well was that your town got a new library, rather than some Saudi prince getting a bit richer. 

Well that's sure to rub him up the wrong way.

5 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Wow, those tickets are super cheap. Again, this is what the mens game should be about. Less greed = less money = a more sporting / better spectacle = more fans = more money. 

I know it’s imposible to put the genie back in the bottle,  but money really is the root of all evil 

Ah a common mistake. The actual phrase is “the love of money is the root of all evil”. Gives it a slightly different meaning ?

Women's football is what the men's game used to be and what it should be now. The Women's game is not making any multi millionaires. These ladies are in the sport for the love of the game - which is why they give 100%.

I have a daughter who plays football. The girls game at U9s, U10s, U11s, U12s etc is just as good as the boys and sometimes better. My daughter plays in the Nottingham girls and Ladies league for a team that beat Forest girls 9-3!

My Son plays in the YEL. Notts County girls play in that league and regularly hammer the boys.

Women's football is predominantly watched by girls and the families of those girls. I have been to several WSL matches and I have always enjoyed them. My daughter much prefers to watch the Women's game.

We have tickets at Wembley on Sunday for the Euro final and it will be a cracking day out for the family.

Really looking forward to this. I do fear that the Germans may be too strong for us, but these girls keep rising to each challenge put before them so perhaps they can make amends for the men's team losing in the final.

Irrespective, I love watching them play and enjoy the honesty and simplicity of the women's game in general. The overall quality is improving in leaps and bounds and a sold out Wembley tells it's own story.

Allied to young George Russell sticking his car on pole in Hungary, it's a great afternoon of entertainment for British sports fans to savour, with a dash of Commonwealth Games to fill the blanks. 

I reckon Sarina will have a plan to move Oberdorf around with quick passing and get runners attacking their centre backs who don't look brilliant. 

The point was made that although Germany have been phenomenally successful, THIS German team haven't won anything, so no need for England to retreat into their shells. 

Of course, we say that about every semi and final...... 

England to nick it by 1 goal..... 

I feel more confident v Germany than if it was France. 

I thought France looked very good. 

The worst dive I've seen came from a German who seems to like throwing herself to the floor a bit. So I hope after praising the women's game for its honesty and decency that the final isn't ruined by a Germany win from a dirty dive. 

Sorry, I mean "clever play" where they have "the right to go down because there was contact". 

Can't wait. C'mon England

On 29/07/2022 at 11:23, NottmRAM said:

Women's football is what the men's game used to be and what it should be now. The Women's game is not making any multi millionaires. These ladies are in the sport for the love of the game - which is why they give 100%.

I have a daughter who plays football. The girls game at U9s, U10s, U11s, U12s etc is just as good as the boys and sometimes better. My daughter plays in the Nottingham girls and Ladies league for a team that beat Forest girls 9-3!

My Son plays in the YEL. Notts County girls play in that league and regularly hammer the boys.

Women's football is predominantly watched by girls and the families of those girls. I have been to several WSL matches and I have always enjoyed them. My daughter much prefers to watch the Women's game.

We have tickets at Wembley on Sunday for the Euro final and it will be a cracking day out for the family.

Enjoy mate! 

My two girls aren't into football but I know grass roots football scratches an itch that sofa Champions League football never could. 

Must be great for your daughter seeing Wembley packed for a womens game. If England could win it then I think and hope it will inspire girls all over the country to take up football if they're feeling a bit unsure or maybe never previously interested before. 

Have a good day

I think that is a little unfair, but she did have two golden chances.  I don’t think the ref has been consistent, especially with the yellows…

7 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

I think that is a little unfair, but she did have two golden chances.  I don’t think the ref has been consistent, especially with the yellows…

Not the chances, but the poor control in the centre on a couple of occasions and she made an attempt to run up and press but looked very slow and got nowhere near.