Women's Euro 2022

Brilliant day for the country, brilliant day for women's football - heroes to be spoken about for years to come. So many good players - Mead, Williamson, White, Russo, Stanway, Kirby, Bronze all rightly getting plaudits but most under-rated has to be Lauren Hemp on the wing, seriously good player.

And I really wouldn't be surprised to see Sarina Wiegman in a high profile men's management job in the not too distant future - very impressive character.

Really great, this really has brought the Womens game to the fore, proud of the lot of them, great character from every single England woman…

The girls have shown such joy in winning and the celebrations are just a big party. 

Seems so different to the mena championships. It's half an hour after the match finished and the stadium is still well populated, the tunes are belting out and all the girls are thanking the crowd for coming. 

It's really lovely. 

12 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The girls have shown such joy in winning and the celebrations are just a big party. 

Seems so different to the mena championships. It's half an hour after the match finished and the stadium is still well populated, the tunes are belting out and all the girls are thanking the crowd for coming. 

It's really lovely. 

I don't know how you can do a comparison. Whilst I much prefer watching England's women's team to the men I'm sure if we'd won the men's Euros at Wembley the crowd then would have stayed well after the final whistle.

31 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I think the media are expecting a huge uptick in WSL attendance on the back of this, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Wrighty seemed to be suggesting the FA aren't making it easy for fans - away fans particularly - to attend? 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wrighty seemed to be suggesting the FA aren't making it easy for fans - away fans particularly - to attend? 

Yes, did seem bizarre that, as he suggests, you need to be a member of the home club. Also, I'm not sure why Gabby was just urging people to attend a WSL game. What about women's games at a lower level? 

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes, did seem bizarre that, as he suggests, you need to be a member of the home club. Also, I'm not sure why Gabby was just urging people to attend a WSL game. What about women's games at a lower level? 

Got to start somewhere and that's who are more visible.

ps Sky Sports News talking about the win, showing Wembley Way in the background, it's absolutely rammed (which they commented on).

13 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

What a refreshing change to see girls aspiring to be professional footballers instead of just being married to one. 
No duck lips, no Botox and bum lifts, just fit, strong, athletic women. 

Spot on. I've got 2 young daughters & its this group of champions I want them to emulate - not the Love Island celeb wannabe crowd. Be proactive in life, not reliant on superficial garbage.

They're already kicking the ball properly & trapping it better than Bradley Johnson - they're enjoying a bit of futsal in the lounge (so I'm dead popular with Mrs LCR) & so I'll be enrolling them in local teams in the near future.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I understand that but there's nothing wrong with promoting the grass routes as well.

The grass routes to Wembley involve hedge hopping Grand National style through peoples gardens, not necessary when there's a paved walkway from the station.