Wayne Rooney

roboto

On 18/10/2023 at 22:52, Van der MoodHoover said:

Do you reckon Wazza can keep them up then?

Well he will inherit Eustace's team, its just how he utilizes and motivates it that's the question..if he gets that right i don't see any problem in keeping them up..just think they should of kept Eustace but its turned into another big name charlie thing again like we had here..if it works ok..if it don't tough s**t..i think they will stay up that's about all.

Sadly, another case of an owner who thinks he knows better or about football.  We have been there with the same manager. The team were doing well and probably had an affinity with Eustace, and maybe feel anger and it may take Rooney a while to win them over. (Not Rooneys fault). However,  he will (like us) want to play 'his way' so new style,  new players coming in.  Total disruption. I think they will struggle and drop away.

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He was crap here,he's not going to get any better 20 miles south of us.

We would have stayed up if not for points deductions, but that's because he had a very good coach as his assistant. He's got the same assistant with him now as when he failed at DC United. I think he'll fail for as long as he doesn't get a good coach on his team

The honeymoon period is over.........after the first home game. I know quite a number of bluenoses and have had non stop moaning from them. Apparently it doesn't stop with the fickle fans either, from 2 different ITK sources, the players told Rooney after last night's game that they can't play how he wants them to. This led the owner to come down into the dressing room, where the discussion went on to nearly midnight.

You have to ask the question as to the atmosphere in the club, after the togetherness he had with the players at Derby. 

It seems that agent Rooney is doing a fine job, so far, but will he be given enough time to get them relegated? He doesn't seem very popular with the fans, players and owners alike.😁

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We would have stayed up if not for points deductions, but that's because he had a very good coach as his assistant. He's got the same assistant with him now as when he failed at DC United. I think he'll fail for as long as he doesn't get a good coach on his team

Think that’s very true of all managers , they really need a good coach with them 

22 minutes ago, JfR said:

Is 2 games too early to be going into fan meltdown?

Yes, when your owners had no need to make a change when the existing manager was doing really well. Let’s face it, they’ve replaced him with a supply PE teacher, not Guardiola, to boot. 

1 hour ago, JfR said:

Is 2 games too early to be going into fan meltdown?

Yes, absolutely, however they were in the best position they have been for a while, removed the manager and now lost 2 on the bounce.

Fans will no doubt be frustrating and not understand how and why Eustace was shown the door.

Saw something the last night, he left after beating WBA 3-1, they were 6th, now they are 12th and WBA are 5th.