Looks like a Derby version 2- Birmingham city

simmoram1995

Find it strange that anyone could wish to enjoy seeing another club going through what we went through, normally based on the actions of a chairman or a few barmpot fans. The only time I will be having a party is when the EFL eventually grow a pair and come up with meaningful 'fit and proper' tests to allow clubs to be bought by serious potential owners rather than ego trip chancers and then have regulations in place that mean we don't end up in a place where every season at least one of the teams that gets relegated is the one who just happened to run out of cash that year.

1 hour ago, RodleyRam said:

Personally I wouldn't wish what we went through on any club. It's bigger than just the rivalries of fans, it's livelihoods, communities and history. No matter how much I might disdain some clubs, there are more important things than football tribalism and we should know that better then anyone.

To be fair, at least they can all go work for Villa. If Derby County dies, the whole city, in fact pretty much the whole County, is left without a football team of note (apologies to anyone with a soft spot for Chesterfield). 

5 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Personally I wouldn't wish what we went through on any club. It's bigger than just the rivalries of fans, it's livelihoods, communities and history. No matter how much I might disdain some clubs, there are more important things than football tribalism and we should know that better then anyone.

I'd like to say that I'm better than being so petty, but I'm not.

It's a very short list of clubs that I would be happy to see collapse in on themselves, but Birmingham are definitely on it.

5 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Well they were ones loving it when it is was us I am not sorry for there fans now they know what it feels like.

For the fans of BCFC that you can sit down, talk football, have a pint and enjoy their company I feel sorry for you.

For the fans of BCFC that "sniff" their way through away games, think wearing a fake stone island jumper and throwing beer around and chanting about when rivals teams might die is the ingredients for a top day out the footage of you at PP will hurt you more long term than it hurt us.

I agree that we should rise above the level of their antics at PP, even if it wasn't just a few of them, but the entire away fans block. It's not a laughing matter seeing a grand club like Birmingham under the EFL cosh. I sincerely hope they are found to be innocent of all charges and won't be indulging in any of the petty backbiting I've read on this rather sorry thread.

giphy.gif

On 18/07/2022 at 12:46, Kokosnuss said:

Ah yes, holding a grudge over something that probably never actually happened, which subsequently they have no evidence to say did happen but they choose to believe it anyway. A grudge based on chinese whispers and stories sold unseen.

Known a fair few individuals like that over the years, there's no helping them.

But ok to hold a grudge over a stupid football chant eh?