New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Not another one of those celebrity appointments please

Well, he’s cut his teeth as an assistant, got contacts.

But I very much doubt he would stoop to league 1.  We didn’t think Rooney would but were amazed when he committed to us earlier in the year.  So, as much as you don’t want it, it won’t happen.  You’re safe! ? 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The experienced assistant is a nice idea, but can’t see anyone taking that sort of a role - once a manager has managed he rarely goes back to coaching (Steve McClaren the obvious exception).

I get your point, but it does happen, and Hughton is in his 60s now and off a bad experience at Forest , he may have had his fill of management now. He was always a highly rated assistant / coach at Spurs and was somewhat of a mentor to young Liam when he first got into coaching with Brighton's youngsters, he may be more likely to assist him than just any other random assistant gig.

32 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I’m not into the big name cutting my teeth ex England men. I want a stable reliable person with a bit of sense and an eye for a bargain.

Both Rooney and Lampard did good jobs here, albeit in different circumstances. The only ‘stable reliable’ people getting League One jobs will have a failures on their CVs, otherwise they wouldn’t be waiting around for a League One job. 

Lots of good shouts, but I wonder how many would be interested, especially if we start on -15?

Dyche would be the best possible appointment, but I think is an unrealistic option.

Warnock, Clough, Hughton, Eustace, Mowbray, Carsley or Warburton would all be excellent appointments for a League 1 club with no players and ongoing restrictions. 

In reality, it'll be Rosenior.

Personally, I'd go for Paul Simpson though.

It really depends on what route we would like to go down.

If we want an internal appointment, Wassall is the obvious choice.

If we want someone young, fresh and up-and-coming, Evatt at Bolton and Taylor at Exeter would fit the bill.

If we want someone experienced and out-of-work, Mowbray would make a lot of sense.

If we want someone who has revived a club in a fairly similar position, I’d go for Mark Robins. The job he’s done at Coventry has been superb.

10 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Needs to be someone who has a decent track record in the transfer market.

That is important, yes, but even more important is getting someone in who can get the best out of what he has to work with.

7 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It really depends on what route we would like to go down.

If we want an internal appointment, Wassall is the obvious choice.

If we want someone young, fresh and up-and-coming, Evatt at Bolton and Taylor at Exeter would fit the bill.

If we want someone experienced and out-of-work, Mowbray would make a lot of sense.

If we want someone who has revived a club in a fairly similar position, I’d go for Mark Robins. The job he’s done at Coventry has been superb.

Your point is??

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

We have lots of options. It really depends on the direction that the new ownership group want to go in.

You forgot to add if we want an ex manager then we’ll go down the Clough Jewell or Phil Brown route 

if we want to go down the never managed route then John Terry or even myself 

if we want to go down the best dressed route then maybe Gareth Ainsworth 

I was just being or trying  to be funny so apologies mate as no offence intended as your best route options doesn’t answer the question just gives multitude of options lol 

Stimac is currently managing the Indian national team in a pretty good run in the Asian Cup. He won’t be free immediately - if he fancies it at all; seems to be enjoying his current role.