New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

12 minutes ago, KBB said:

Very very outside shout. Lee carsley

I wondered about him or Paul Simpson, if we're looking at ex players.

I'd like to see Curtis get his first coaching role, maybe as a player-coach assisting a more experienced manager.

For the continuity and minor amount of stability it would offer I’d like to see Rosenior given the job with the chance to add his own assistant. He knows the club, the staff and the players we’ve got left, is well regarded as a coach (was probably doing most of the on the field work with Rooney the figurehead - pure speculation on my part) and will be hungry to prove himself. Or Wassall for some of those same reasons.
Seen some mention Jody Morris also, could definitely get behind that for very similar reasons to Rosenior. Allegedly did the coaching that Lampard couldn’t, worked with youngsters, has contacts in the game and again would want to prove himself.

There are plenty of experience managers out there if that’s not the direction we go (Mowbray, Hughton, Dyche, Warburton etc), just wonder how easily you can convince someone to take on the challenge of resurrecting the club in our current situation.

Very left field option…. John Terry?! 

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Any of these: Liam Manning, Darren Moore, Steven Schumacher.

We would have to pay to buy out their contracts, I'm fine with that.

I hate to have to say it... but why would any of those leave their clubs pushing at the top end of L1 to come and manage us at the minute? Same with others suggesting Ian Evatt. Not happening.

I think we can rule out a manager who’s in a role currently and maybe inexperienced managers. We need someone who knows the league and has good connections in the game. We need to assemble a squad and fast. Even if it means mid table next season. Get someone on a 1 year deal, steady the ship and set the foundations before kicking on next summer. 

The thing is we can’t sensibly appoint anyone until the takeover is sealed. 

Liam Rosenior, Jody Morris & Ian Evatt would be my main 3. Although cant see Evatt being an option.

Rosenior & Morris would both need an experienced assistant imo.

John Terry could be an option, linked at the same time as Rooney before. Big name, could entice decent players off his name alone similar to Rooney.