New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Liam Rosenior, Jody Morris & Ian Evatt would be my main 3. Although cant see Evatt being an option.

Rosenior & Morris would both need an experienced assistant imo.

John Terry could be an option, linked at the same time as Rooney before. Big name, could entice decent players off his name alone similar to Rooney.

John Terry is an interesting call. He left Aston Villa at the end of the 20/21 season in hope of becoming a manager. I guess the right job hasn't come up yet. He's said that he likes Derby, great club etc. when asked about the situation over here.

Been listening to Radio Derby and all the chat from Ed Dawes and fans ringing about clear the decks, experienced manager etc etc - NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! If we want to end up like Forest were, like Sunderland like Ipswich stranded down here for years then taking this approach will lead directly to that. You would be bringing in a manager, with an ego with a set way of doing things, will sign experienced names who all don’t get the club!! 

Look at the clubs promoted this season or competing. Leam Richardson at Wigan, Liam Manning at MK Dons, the impact Kieran McKenna has had at Ipswich going in after the Paul Cook clusterfuck! Darren Moore, Ryan Lowe previously at Plymouth, Ian Evatt was inexperienced doing a great job at Bolton. We need someone dynamic who gets the club and can inspire the players and build on the feel good factor of last season.

Step forward Liam Rosenior. He’s the only man for the job IMO. 

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Been listening to Radio Derby and all the chat from Ed Dawes and fans ringing about clear the decks, experienced manager etc etc - NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! If we want to end up like Forest were, like Sunderland like Ipswich stranded down here for years then taking this approach will lead directly to that. You would be bringing in a manager, with an ego with a set way of doing things, will sign experienced names who all don’t get the club!! 

Look at the clubs promoted this season or competing. Leam Richardson at Wigan, Liam Manning at MK Dons, the impact Kieran McKenna has had at Ipswich going in after the Paul Cook clusterfuck! Darren Moore, Ryan Lowe previously at Plymouth, Ian Evatt was inexperienced doing a great job at Bolton. We need someone dynamic who gets the club and can inspire the players and build on the feel good factor of last season.

Very interesting take. Of course, it could work both ways and a novice fails miserably. I’m not sure if Rosenior is cut out for a No.1 but he’s the obvious choice. 

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Dunno mate,he didn't do much when he had a better team to play with prior to last season.

Nice bloke but still in the learning phase i.m.o

He will be in charge initially at least until we have the new owner in place but I wouldn't base our renaissance around him,this is an opportunity for a manager to build a team and ongoing ethos which I think is too much pressure for a rookie.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong