New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

I like the idea of Paul Simpson being involved but he is doing very well at Carlisle and is happy to be back in his hometown after recovering from his health scare. He lives it there but he struggles to get out socially because of the attention he attracts from Carlisle fans.

For me I'd go for Liam Rosenior assisted by Curtis Davies.

Just now, S8TY said:

You forgot to add if we want an ex manager then we’ll go down the Clough Jewell or Phil Brown route 

if we want to go down the never managed route then John Terry or even myself 

if we want to go down the best dressed route then maybe Gareth Ainsworth 

I was just being or trying  to be funny so apologies mate as no offence intended as your best route options doesn’t answer the question just gives multitude of options lol 

Does anyone have the clear and obvious answer at the moment?

The takeover hasn’t been completed yet and we don’t know what kind of vision Clowes has for the club or who he will bring in to work on footballing matters.

I am just excited, personally. I think we would have struggled horribly with Rooney in League 1. For me, some fans built him up too much and placed far too much importance on him, sometimes the identity of the club was lost.

The reality is that Rooney does what’s best for him and it’s not at all surprising to see him walk away. It’s good because we don’t want someone whose heart isn’t in it and doesn’t want to be here.

For me, the biggest news today is that we will still have a club to support. Managers come and go and but the key is there will be life after Rooney.

I think we have many options and there’s an intrigue about us now that there wasn’t before and someone can come in without being haunted by the past 24 months and carrying those scars.

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Woah! I said Hughton as assistant to Rosenior, not as manager!

Hughton won’t be an assistant to a rookie, Hughton has a great CV but the Forest stint is essentially a massive s*** stain in more ways than one.