Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

24th June 2022 will go down in the annals of DCFC as a day we started on our long journey back to some sort of stability and then, later in the day, the rug was pulled from under us. Was like every Ram super excited about Clowes involvement thinking this could be the end in sight of ridding MM's influence finally away from my beloved team. Rooney's departure was inevitable but perhaps the timing could have been better. It may have been the Kirschner fiasco; the uncertainty of where the new owner wants to go; could DCFC pay his wages (or was he asked for a cut in his pay?) No one will know. But I would like to add that last season was one of the best I have witnessed in all my years supporting my team. Yes we went down but the unity that Wayne exuded to the players,the staff and to us the supporters I will truely be grateful for. Wayne thank you for what you did for this team and the supporters. I wish you all the very best in whatever you do in the future and you can leave us with your head held high. For DCFC it's a time for rebuilding, a time to be away from the limelight and build a team that can compete. I will still buy my season ticket and support this frustrating, beautiful enigma of a club whoever is the owner, whoever is the manager, and whoever owns PP. I am one of many many supporters who will still be there on the terraces because it is in my DNA! UTR!

He hitched his wagon to Kirchner for reasons we may never know, but it must have benefited him in some way. 
I’ll be grateful if we can stop the big names, big reputations and media circus we seem to have become. Just leave us alone to rebuild the club and get back to talking about football not £££ constantly. 

Can't see its anything to do with what Clowes has/hasn't said or what money he does/doesn't have.

Nobody can come in and spend big money regardless.  Rooney obviously wanted a project with Kirchner/Stretford all on the same page.

When that wasn't happening he kept quiet to not throw the club under the bus - making us look even more of a basket case - but he was already decided he didn't have the stomach for the long fight.

Rooney was 2/10 first season, 7/10 last season and 10/10 off the field recently.  

No idea if he was going to be a success as a manager in League 1...but we are definitely less attractive to loan signings and to signing players. And his recruitment had been pretty good. 

I can live with it. Rosenior talks a good game..just not sure if he's a bit Clement- all mouth and no trousers.

I Wish Rooney all the best for his future and have respect for him and how he conducted himself with derby county in very bad times ,

truth is though ,the club is on its uppers and probably can’t finance the kind of players needed for a promotion push under Rooney next season , where is the sense in having a high profile high earning manager if you can’t afford to get him the players he needs to bounce straight back up as he would want to do ,

thanks Wayne all the best,

let’s get the club saved and start to build back again with realistic manger ,players and fan expectations for where we have been left by the plague that was mel Morris 

In the 60 years of supporting Derby County I've seen many managers and coaches, come and go, and in the future there will be many more, so despite all the efforts Wayne Rooney gave the club last season, he didn't actually, from a playing point of view, achieve very much.

Yes, there were several high spots, never losing at home to any of the top-six teams, and getting the fan base to support the team throughout the season, however the away performances were, at times, dire.

Like Frank Lampard, the media emphasis at times was more about Wayne Rooney, than the team, and in the best interests of the club, I think it was the best option that Rooney departed and we begin again.

In all those seasons, in my opinion, there have only been 3 good managerial teams - Clough & Taylor; Cox & McFarland and Smith & McClaren.

Undoubtedly, Derby County FC need stability, on and off the field, and I believe that can only be achieved by a solid business acumen in the boardroom and an understanding that running a football club is a different model to normal businesses, followed by an appointment of an experienced, "older" (but not too old( manager/coach, who not only "knows the league", but also where to find the up and coming players who are eager to impress and desire achieve higher things.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

He hadn't been released from his contract yet though you're totally overlooking.

If we force him to honour it or pay it off then we'll get a nice amount back from him if you believe the reports of him being on 90k a week.

The admins must know this too. So we can still insist that he stays or he has to pay his way out. 

Or maybe he's just refused to be Tuped?

37 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Late last year he was on the radio on about how he works well with Rosenior - he said Liam does most of the defensive coaching and he does most of the attacking. I remember it specifically because he was talking after our third 0-0 draw in 4 games.

Funny because surprisingly it was our attacking that was the biggest problem.

Hopefully Liam has some more ability to coach in that area,at least initially.

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Or maybe he's just refused to be Tuped?

All of the players equally could then invoke the same protocol. It's an interesting one though, don't think TUPE regs apply in these circumstances. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Having said that I would love to see Jody Morris here. I just hope Clowes has some one with good football knowledge lined up as we need a replacement ASAP. Until we get a manager in we can’t think about signing players. 

Agree, I always felt that Jody was the tactical brain in the Lampard Morris duo and the Frank was just good at forming the team mentality, maybe Jody had enough of not being listened to at critical points and that is why he didn't go to Everton! 

Think he has the makings of a good manager, but maybe not the name to open the doors for the opportunities!! 

2 hours ago, ramit said:

i didn't see that coming, oh well, farewell, thanks for the memories, ta-ta.

As for a suitable replacement, Darren Wassall would be my choice.

Good grief, no.