Nathan Byrne - Joined Charlotte FC

Rambalin

17 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

I think the byrneing question is why would you want to move at byrnes age ? . 

Confidence in Liam perhaps . Buc i can understand more he is young and wanted but byrne that starts to ask some questions to me , which we might find out as the season gets underway ?  . 

Cash Money GIF

1 hour ago, angieram said:

The EFL are supporting us in this.

Whilst the TUPE regulations are law of the land, they surely weren't written with footballers in mind! 

We have already seen that the EFL aren't above applying their own rules above the law when it suits them. I think this is one such example.

Let's hope so. As stated many times on here, the TUPE regulations relate to employment contacts not football governed player registrations.

The registrations should not be transferred until compensation is received.

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They were saying that last season and when push comes to shove it made no difference to 70% of them.  I distinctly remember Morrison being on the Radio giving it ' happiest I've been, most I've played, Love it here etc etc. Next year he'll be on a bench getting splinters and oiling his knees for 10 minute cameos.  The contracts being torn up by two snakes is the final nail of decency in football for me.  You may get a couple of players in any batch of 20 that have any proper loyalty if your lucky. 

I get what you're saying and it may be you're right. And I've been duped. To me it genuinely feels different this time, with the weight of admin lifted, but I could well have been suckered again. 

A reason for possibly thinking not is that we remain under the strictures of the EFL's approved business plan, so I expect Championship clubs could pay some of these guys more, but they've still chosen us. 

From the last few seconds of his interview after being awarded Players Player Of The Season "I know how big this club is to the city of Derby, & I'm proud to be a part of it"

Apparently not proud enough to stay here though Nathan, or at least let us benefit financially from you leaving

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/05/byrne-delighted-to-claim-players-player-of-the-season-award

Edited by SamUltraRam

@angieramand @Carnerosummed up the gist of what i was going to say. When Keogh was sacked, his appeal was heard by a football tribunal, not and Employment Tribunal. When Boro made their claim, the EFL said it had to be settled as a football debt, not through a Court of Law. Both Footballers and clubs might want to have things both ways, but either they're all football disputes, or they're all legal disputes.

I think it's also probably true that we're better off without carrying Byrne's wages and, given that we bought him for a small fee from Wigan, I'd have no issue if he left for a small fee, but there's a right way to go about it and neither he nor Buchanan have done that.  

If they are allowed to leave, what would stop the other contracted players at the time doing the same?

Or does the fact that Bird, Knight, Sibley etc have stayed, trained and played mean that they have accepted the transfer to the new company and they now couldn’t realistically turn around and justify leaving?

MM loved a loophole and it looks like it has passed on to some of the players. 

39 minutes ago, big bad ram said:

If they are allowed to leave, what would stop the other contracted players at the time doing the same?

Or does the fact that Bird, Knight, Sibley etc have stayed, trained and played mean that they have accepted the transfer to the new company and they now couldn’t realistically turn around and justify leaving?

That's a good point. I'd assume you're correct, otherwise they're playing without a contract and effectively uninsured. It perhaps puts a question-mark over Bielek, though the reason given for his absence yesterday is feasible - he did suffer a 'sore knee' injury whilst away with Poland because it was reported in the Polish press.

48 minutes ago, big bad ram said:

I think it’s the automatic renewal the club took up on their contracts that they are contesting. Bird, Knight and Bielik etc. contracts already have a year or years left.

4 hours ago, angieram said:

The EFL are supporting us in this.

Whilst the TUPE regulations are law of the land, they surely weren't written with footballers in mind! 

We have already seen that the EFL aren't above applying their own rules above the law when it suits them. I think this is one such example.

Even if the EFL did step in I want him gone after this get his wages gone and get somebody who actually appreciates our club and wants to play for our club! Let's move on from these players! We are attaching better players then what Byrne is anyway so let's hope we can do it with his position! 

5 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Even if the EFL did step in I want him gone after this get his wages gone and get somebody who actually appreciates our club and wants to play for our club! Let's move on from these players! We are attaching better players then what Byrne is anyway so let's hope we can do it with his position! 

He’s acted poorly but let’s not go down the road that he wasn’t any good. Probably our best player or one of over the last 2 or 3 seasons…

He doesn’t want to be here so, don’t let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Contracts mean nothing to some players and their agents when it suits them.

Had he been injured and unable to play, would he still expect his contract to be honoured?! Of course he would and so he should, however he is fit and able to play and wants to move on for free. 

You Byrne are an absolute disgrace, hope you never darken our door again

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He’s acted poorly but let’s not go down the road that he wasn’t any good. Probably our best player or one of over the last 2 or 3 seasons…

I agree last season or 2 but considering the situation we been it doesn't say a great deal in all honesty don't get me wrong he's a good championship player but he's nothing special especially at the age 30 never going to be more then a championship player! not like Buchanan where he has his whole future ahead I still disagree with what he's done 

2 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

I agree last season or 2 but considering the situation we been it doesn't say a great deal in all honesty don't get me wrong he's a good championship player but he's nothing special especially at the age 30 never going to be more then a championship player! not like Buchanan where he has his whole future ahead I still disagree with what he's done 

I do too but then saying he isn’t any good isn’t the case is it. I hope that we get some kind of fee for both. On the subject of being any good, I didn’t actually rate Buchanan and never have. Nothing to do with him acting improperly ?