Nathan Byrne - Joined Charlotte FC

Rambalin

Not that bothered tbh. Seen the best of him. Happy to replace him.

Edit: and am really fooked off that he's trying to cheat us out of a fee. I presume he's not attracting a deal unless on a free and/or just wants to make sure he gets a bigger signing on fee. #sodoffthen

Edited by RoyMac5

18 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

James Collins, Cardiff striker ? Didn’t the Big Trav ?☎️ say it was a done deal or am I mistaken ?

Think he played (and scored) today for Cardiff so surprised if he's moving out and prepared to risk injury.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Having the right to object is not the same as having the right to break your contract.

It is. Read the ACAS guidelines.

I agree as a Derby fan that Byrne doing this leaves a bad taste in the mouth, but he can legally do what he is doing, and there’s not a lot anyone can do about it.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

James Collins, Cardiff striker ? Didn’t the Big Trav ?☎️ say it was a done deal or am I mistaken ?

Never said owt about Collins other than we were pushing for him. Funny you should mention him tho as it’s almost a done deal ? 

28 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

I agree as a Derby fan that Byrne doing this leaves a bad taste in the mouth, but he can legally do what he is doing, and there’s not a lot anyone can do about it.

Well it’s about time the EFL came down on our side. It was legal for us to cross cram in Admin. but not EFL approved. They might not have jurisdiction in Germany but if he tries to sign for a Championship Team then they should support us by witholding registration. I won’t hold my breath. 

Just as a by the way I think Wigan were shafted when we bought Marshall and Byrne. 

Edited by i-Ram
Changed the spelling of tries before TurkThrust gave me a spelling lecture

Byrne's one of those journeyman professionals. At the time he and we profited from Wigan's misfortunes. Now he and someone else will profit from ours. He was a decent enough player when we needed a right back, but this will prove his loss as much as ours.

I like that there are players coming here talking about the special situation and atmosphere of the club, and it gives me confidence that good times aren't that far away. If Byrne wants to remain a journeyman and not be a part of something special, he can leave and be instantly forgotten.

Disappointed both with Nathan and that we've lost a very good player.

Guess it's just part and parcel of the modern game. 

Chances are he will get a payrise elsewhere where we would like him to take less. Not sure if our contracts had the wage drop clauses for relegation or not.

For me now it's all about rebuilding though and if someone doesn't want to be part of that I'd rather they moved on. Retrospectively I may look back on him a bit fonder a few years from now.

10 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Byrne's one of those journeyman professionals. At the time he and we profited from Wigan's misfortunes. Now he and someone else will profit from ours. He was a decent enough player when we needed a right back, but this will prove his loss as much as ours.

I like that there are players coming here talking about the special situation and atmosphere of the club, and it gives me confidence that good times aren't that far away. If Byrne wants to remain a journeyman and not be a part of something special, he can leave and be instantly forgotten.

But we paid a fee to Wigan, even though they did exactly the same as us , TUPEd players into a new Company. Trying to diddle us out of a fee is dirty tactics by the players and their agents.

53 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

No, right to object and right to break your contract are not the same.  Employment conditions are exactly the same so there are no grounds for objection. Plus EFL would have to approve him moving to another club in the EFL... these sort of dirty tactics would also damage the eFL and their precious football creditors.   

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Er we tried with keogh. Players do not do their reputations any good with these sort of tactics.  

It’s not so much cancel Byrne’s contract, as just not transfer it to the new ownership group. Leave him employed by the old company, which then gets liquidated.  Completely different to Keogh…

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

No, right to object and right to break your contract are not the same.  Employment conditions are exactly the same so there are no grounds for objection. Plus EFL would have to approve him moving to another club in the EFL... these sort of dirty tactics would also damage the eFL and their precious football creditors.   

Wanting something to be case does not make it so, I’m afraid.

7339DB05-4AB7-4479-AE3C-8CBA1452E3D6.png

35 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Well it’s about time the EFL came down on our side. It was legal for us to cross cram in Admin. but not EFL approved. They might not have jurisdiction in Germany but if he tries to sign for a Championship Team then they should support us by witholding registration. I won’t hold my breath. 

Just as a by the way I think Wigan were shafted when we bought Marshall and Byrne. 

I agree that it would be good to think that the EFL would come down on our side with regards witholding registration.

Certainly seems that Byrne doesn’t hang round if his club is up against it!