Nathan Byrne - Joined Charlotte FC

Rambalin

The important thing to remember is that contracts and registrations are two separate matters.

If Byrne doesn't want his contract transfered to the new Derby... fine. But, EFL regulations means Byrne's registration transfered to new Derby. The EFL also approved the contract extension, so they will 100% back us on this one. Byrne will not be able to transfer clubs until another EFL club decides to pay up.

50 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The important thing to remember is that contracts and registrations are two separate matters.

If Byrne doesn't want his contract transfered to the new Derby... fine. But, EFL regulations means Byrne's registration transfered to new Derby. The EFL also approved the contract extension, so they will 100% back us on this one. Byrne will not be able to transfer clubs until another EFL club decides to pay up.

Interesting to see what happens now. 

He's done here, so he will have to find somewhere else to play. Any club in Siberia would be my vote. 

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Well it’s about time the EFL came down on our side. It was legal for us to cross cram in Admin. but not EFL approved. They might not have jurisdiction in Germany but if he tries to sign for a Championship Team then they should support us by witholding registration. I won’t hold my breath. 

Just as a by the way I think Wigan were shafted when we bought Marshall and Byrne. 

Swings and roundabouts .  They paid 30k for Shinnie.  That's accepted  You will get lowball offers in admin .  These two are lowlife shithouses.  

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Byrne's one of those journeyman professionals. At the time he and we profited from Wigan's misfortunes. Now he and someone else will profit from ours. He was a decent enough player when we needed a right back, but this will prove his loss as much as ours.

I like that there are players coming here talking about the special situation and atmosphere of the club, and it gives me confidence that good times aren't that far away. If Byrne wants to remain a journeyman and not be a part of something special, he can leave and be instantly forgotten.

They were saying that last season and when push comes to shove it made no difference to 70% of them.  I distinctly remember Morrison being on the Radio giving it ' happiest I've been, most I've played, Love it here etc etc. Next year he'll be on a bench getting splinters and oiling his knees for 10 minute cameos.  The contracts being torn up by two snakes is the final nail of decency in football for me.  You may get a couple of players in any batch of 20 that have any proper loyalty if your lucky. 

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Exactly. If players can move for nothing when club parent companies are liquidated that’s bad for Efl. Their plan on a full on liquidation is to retain player registrations and sell the players to pay football creditors. Efl really will not like dirty tactics by these players. 

I think the byrneing question is why would you want to move at byrnes age ? . 

Confidence in Liam perhaps . Buc i can understand more he is young and wanted but byrne that starts to ask some questions to me , which we might find out as the season gets underway ?  .