Nathan Byrne - Joined Charlotte FC

Rambalin

Odd and typically cryptic response from Nixon when asked if Stoke were in for Byrne…

So is he already committed to a deal elsewhere? Or has he agreed some sort of extension in principle with us? 
I suspect he’s off, it will be a relief to have some clarity on this stuff in the next week. 

15 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Odd and typically cryptic response from Nixon when asked if Stoke were in for Byrne…

So is he already committed to a deal elsewhere? Or has he agreed some sort of extension in principle with us? 
I suspect he’s off, it will be a relief to have some clarity on this stuff in the next week. 

Too good for league 1.  Surprised Stoke can pay the highest wage though.  Selling the ground and all associated debt to BET365 helped though.  Or keeping it in the family as it's better known.  Are they still being allowed to claim 40 million covid losses and benefitting from the change in EFL regs that applied to everyone else but not us. That lots probably helped. 

Huge news for us, particularly think he would be a huge asset in League One as he strikes me as a full back who would thrive on the front foot more often than he has been in our team up to now - albeit we were very good in possession last year and he was a huge part of that.

If he wants to leave still, at least we will get some investment from him. I hope he does sick around though. The six players we have for next year is a great base to build, certainly looks better with the Buchanan and Byrne news.

• 2 weeks later...