Nathan Byrne - Joined Charlotte FC

Rambalin

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's always Stoke and/or Millwall! Vultures, the pair of them.

Rowett in particular hasn't got the imagination to see beyond Derby's players. ?‍♀️

They always sign our rejects then finish above us in the league and beat us 0-1 at Pride Park, usually from a set piece.

Thank God we've been relegated ?

9 hours ago, inter politics said:
48 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's always Stoke and/or Millwall! Vultures, the pair of them.

Rowett in particular hasn't got the imagination to see beyond Derby's players. ?‍♀️

Why are they  labelling Curtis Davies as a "former Derby man". Has he left and not told us? Quality journalism by the Sun there.

image.png.b02d1378e2f4df0911c2d21b3c9269d4.png

9 hours ago, GenBr said:

Why are they  labelling Curtis Davies as a "former Derby man". Has he left and not told us? Quality journalism by the Sun there.

image.png.b02d1378e2f4df0911c2d21b3c9269d4.png

Every player out of contract is effectively a former Derby player. 

The retain and release list was issued to the EFL three weeks ago even if Derby have tried to play smart by being the only club in the EFL to not make it public.

Fine for players they want to keep but can’t but not so helpful for players needing to find other clubs when it’s not common knowledge what your situation is. 

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

On 12/06/2022 at 19:14, Ravabeerbelly said:

Every player out of contract is effectively a former Derby player. 

The retain and release list was issued to the EFL three weeks ago even if Derby have tried to play smart by being the only club in the EFL to not make it public.

Fine for players they want to keep but can’t but not so helpful for players needing to find other clubs when it’s not common knowledge what your situation is. 

I'm pretty sure Curtis is under contract until the end of June, so he's still a Derby player. And our "retained list" must be the biggest open secret in football history. 

On 14/06/2022 at 00:14, Crewton said:

I'm pretty sure Curtis is under contract until the end of June, so he's still a Derby player. And our "retained list" must be the biggest open secret in football history. 

..on the smallest piece of paper in football history ☹️

• 3 weeks later...

Nathan Byrne not in either squad. It’s probably no surprise, but looks like he’s also trying to use the same loophole as Buchanan to get out of his contract.

Rosenior mentioned that Bielik was the only one injured too, so not other explanation. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Nathan Byrne not in either squad. It’s probably no surprise, but looks like he’s also trying to use the same loophole as Buchanan to get out of his contract.

Rosenior mentioned that Bielik was the only one injured too, so not other explanation. 

While I agree it’s probable that Byrne is off, that doesn’t automatically become the only explanation, just the most likely. Could have woken up with explosive diarrhoea? Might have locked himself in the garage. Could have driven to Bradford upon Avon in error. Let’s not jump to conclusions 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

While I agree it’s probable that Byrne is off, that doesn’t automatically become the only explanation, just the most likely. Could have woken up with explosive diarrhoea? Might have locked himself in the garage. Could have driven to Bradford upon Avon in error. Let’s not jump to conclusions 

Got stuck climbing out of a window……..?

I like Byrne, but I don't particularly begrudge anybody wanting to leave in our current situation. He obviously didn't fancy League 1 with Wigan; don't see why it would be any different with us.  Shame we won't get a bit of a fee if/when he does go, but I bet he's one of our higher earners now so might provide a bit more wiggle room for players who do want to be/come here.

Edited by LazloW

Might be controversial but I think he’s borderline Prem quality. Would you be shocked if he was snapped up to warm the bench at Forest/Fulham/Leeds? Was he much of a downgrade on Bogle?

Quick, technical, great delivery.

More likely back to the Championship but will be a huge loss, no doubt about it. Would have loved to see him stay, he would tear it up in L1.