Nathan Byrne - Joined Charlotte FC

Rambalin

16 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Where is Andre Wisdom these days?

He has a peculiar case where Derby obviously vastly overpaid him. He was probably on north of £25k per week and now he won’t get anywhere near that.

He will have to lower his expectations and probably accept wages less than £10k a week to be a bit-part player somewhere.

Could his injury sustained in the attack be more career threatening than we will ever know?

He seems to have vanished and it doesn't seem like he is training with us.

Didn't he train with Birmingham without success.

54 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst the PFA might also be aware of potential dangers to their members if a few roles were reversed for example if a new employer decided to actually reduce the wages of players upon takeover 

There is nothing whatsoever to stop a player seeking legal guidance from the PFA., as i have said no one on here are in possession of the full facts.

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Is he actually being linked with anyone?

Buyers' market at the moment - lots of players available. Needs to be careful or could end up like Wisdom.

Strongest link was with Stoke. I imagine they're waiting to find out whether or not they can get him for nothing.

4 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Maybe it’s the gap between the contract ending and the rubber stamping of it which was a few days after the contract had ended? Off the top of my head we got took over on 4th July? Some 4 days after the contract ended? It’s just a guess

From what I remember, the extension was activated after the last game of the season, but well in advance of the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

When the contracts were signed the club was not in administration, we were playing to a ceiling cap last season. Their contract was effectively up at the end of the season. Possibly the players concerned notified the club that were leaving at the end of the season and then the club then put the contract extension in place. Still don't think the administrators were able to offer them the salary that they were on.

Extension would have been the same terms

It’s all very quiet on Byrne at the moment. He is some player and would be a huge asset in this league. If it hadn’t been for Curtis being ever present and such a hero that he would have been POTS. So consistent in both attack and defence. You couldn’t blame him for taking an offer that could well equate to double wages - I’d say good luck lad and thanks for the Sterling efforts, but I would love it somehow he re signs. I know it’s unlikely. I’d still love to know sooner rather than later. 

40 minutes ago, jono said:

It’s all very quiet on Byrne at the moment. He is some player and would be a huge asset in this league. If it hadn’t been for Curtis being ever present and such a hero that he would have been POTS. So consistent in both attack and defence. You couldn’t blame him for taking an offer that could well equate to double wages - I’d say good luck lad and thanks for the Sterling efforts, but I would love it somehow he re signs. I know it’s unlikely. I’d still love to know sooner rather than later. 

No chance, you agree to a contract you stick to it unless somebody buys out the contract, absolute snake. Don’t want players like him disrupting the dressing room, don’t let the door hit you on the way out and I hope he stubs his toe on the way through it. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Let him sit the season out, whilst fining him for his wages for not turning up. Ideal IMO. 

If he ever turns up to training, let one of the teammates that he's disrespected go straight through his ankle. Send the guy to a vet instead of a doctor too. 

Just like the cat abuser at West Ham won't there be a maximum fine we can impose on him for any infractions.

Or can we say because you're not honouring your part of the contract then we can impose any sanctions we like as the contract is effectively nul and void? Or isn't that what he wants. 

Dissapointing what Byrne has done. Some of comments a bit excessive though. 

No club ever wants a player to play out his contract, always try to sell before the end. Can’t have been easy for two years here.

do feel we’ve had the poor deal of too many deals lately though. Be nice to actually get some money for a change.