Lee Gregory (again)

Fraser_23

• 1 year later...

It’s that time of year again folks, mince pies, egg nog, tubs of twiglets and January transfer rumours regarding Lee Gregory.

…………………only thing that’s changed is that he is now 35!

Derby County ‘may well’ consider making a move for Sheffield Wednesday striker Lee Gregory in January, as detailed in a report by The Star.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/12/18/derby-county-may-well-move-for-sheffield-wednesday-attacker-report-claims/

12 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

It’s that time of year again folks, mince pies, egg nog, tubs of twiglets and January transfer rumours regarding Lee Gregory.

Derby County ‘may well’ consider making a move for Sheffield Wednesday striker Lee Gregory in January, as detailed in a report by The Star.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/12/18/derby-county-may-well-move-for-sheffield-wednesday-attacker-report-claims/

nooo.gif

If he’s fit then why not?

Always works hard and takes up intelligent positions in the box.

Has struggled a bit in the championship as one might expect but could do a job.

Depends what other moves are planned. He might be a Waghorn/ Washington replacement rather than our main target.

23 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

There again , they may not...let's hope it's the latter eh ?

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

Lee Gregory is an upgrade on Collins and Waghorn tbh. A proper centre forward who can hold up and actually get himself in the box. If its until the end of the season I am more than happy with that addition. 

I'd honestly rather just re-sign CKR if we're going down that route. What's the difference between 35 and 37 😂

4 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Lee Gregory is an upgrade on Collins and Waghorn tbh. A proper centre forward who can hold up and actually get himself in the box. If it’s until the end of the season I am more than happy with that addition. 

Not for me.

You’d just be switching like for like, absolutely no point to it. 

Id also argue that Collins is more prolific, so it makes even less sense.

Either bring in an upgrade or don’t bother!