Lee Gregory (again)

Fraser_23

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

Exactly this …why doesn’t anyone seem to recognise that we brought in so many duds in the summer when we are supposedly potless so every signing would be crucial don’t waste it on players that when fit still don’t get selected …so we end up with Ward RWB - not needed Elder - LWB - not needed there’s two places we could’ve spent more wisely players bought for a for a system that doesn’t work did we really need Vickers ? Not the players fault they don’t fit Ward must be thinking why was I signed ? Does Clowes now think he’s wasted a lot of his budget on non starters ? I would 

have a plan of how you want us to play with a couple of different formations get those players to play that who suit then get cover for those positions utilising the youth in academy when required 

In the summer we had one left back on the books in Forsyth and not a single right back or right wing back?

And you're sat there saying Ward and Elder weren't needed? Of course they were.

Elder has been unfortunate with injuries but I'm convinced there's a player there, just needs a run of games.

It's only in hindsight now we have Nyambe and Wilson in that Ward isn't needed.

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

In the summer we had one left back on the books in Forsyth and not a single right back or right wing back?

And you're sat there saying Ward and Elder weren't needed? Of course they were.

Elder has been unfortunate with injuries but I'm convinced there's a player there, just needs a run of games.

It's only in hindsight now we have Nyambe and Wilson in that Ward isn't needed.

Ward would only be needed if we were thinking of 352 as he’s not a RB even posh fans said he was defensively weak 

Elder I agree on and has played well recently apart from his slip against Burton but that happens but he still doesn’t get in front of Fozzy so basically we were getting cover players ? So wasn’t better than what we already had 

I thought we were signing players in the summer who were starters 

Nyambe was a good signing but I still don’t think we needed either Ward or Elder as a sensible loan or 2 to cover LB /RB would have been sufficient or god forbid we look for players that can play a couple of positions 

on the whole I’ve found PW’s signings underwhelming that’s all im saying 

when Clough signed players like Brayford, Coutts Bryson, Martin etc they were an improvement on what we had and I could see why 

all managers get some signings wrong but I just think in our current predicament I would’ve liked to have seen more right than wrong 

Elder is fine but he is no wing back just a basic left back for a 442 whilst ward is third choice right back / wingback and fourth choice right midfield 

Money wasted has been Fornah as we have to pay a transfer fee if we get promoted and he is on a permanent contract and is hardly trusted to get more than a few minutes every month. Bradley has been a very expensive disappointment but occasionally gets on the pitch to ensure we let a last minute goal in on a frequent basis.

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Elder is fine but he is no wing back just a basic left back for a 442 whilst ward is third choice right back / wingback and fourth choice right midfield 

Money wasted has been Fornah as we have to pay a transfer fee if we get promoted and he is on a permanent contract and is hardly trusted to get more than a few minutes every month. Bradley has been a very expensive disappointment but occasionally gets on the pitch to ensure we let a last minute goal in on a frequent basis.

I think Fornah has shown glimpses of being a decent player….needs a run in the side…

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think Fornah has shown glimpses of being a decent player….needs a run in the side…

Yes lets give him a chance he hasn't really been given a run because we are so insistent on 2 CM's 

Jordan Rhodes has done alright dropping down a division. This might be Gregory's level to chip in 7-8 goals.

I'm not surprised if we went for him. Warne and his lack of trust in a young loanee makes me think he'll be after older players. I mean, look at how he treated Will Osula. Didn't want him for some unknown reason and then Sheff Utd recalled him. I've been watching him recently and he'd be ideal for Warne, chasing down and pressuring defenders.

Bonkers.

Edited by SSD

10 hours ago, S8TY said:

Mikkel Beck thinking of dusting off his puma kings in case he gets the call 

I mean yikes alive I’d rather give Brown a go than rely on Gregory ffs 🤦‍♂️ 

Agreed - why did he let Brown go out on loan ?

2 minutes ago, Justa said:

Agreed - why did he let Brown go out on loan ?

I guess because he’s unproven as a goal scorer at this level in stark contrast to Gregory and Smith.

I appreciate we won’t know until he’s given a shot but quick results seems to be the order of the day.

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I guess because he’s unproven as a goal scorer at this level in stark contrast to Gregory and Smith.

I appreciate we won’t know until he’s given a shot but quick results seems to be the order of the day.

Still shouldnt of let brown go until we had someone lined up and ready to come straight in! If we dont sign someone then we are really lightweight up front for another month or so when waggys back 

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

he is unproven and you're totally right with whst you say  but he could've been given much more game time experience here and just his pace and enthusiasm would've been a positive impact from the bench as well as having a Gregory or a Smith 

I'm not convinced Waggy and Washington play many games before the end of the season  

Even if we manage to find another forward what proportion of the time will they be on the pitch at the same timers as Collins? Thats the real problem. Though we do need cover  for Collins.