Lee Gregory (again)

Fraser_23

We do not know his situation at Wednesday, maybe he his not to happy and wishes to end his career at Derby the club he respects and enjoyed being a part of, cannot see it happening for any other club only have to make a small offer and that will put us out of the running. Meeting up with the Wednesday guy on wednsday night for a beer and maybe he will shed some light, and Walkley Owl may have the wrong end of the stick with what he heard about him not happy at Derby, maybe its Wednesday he his not happy at, who knows not me.

19 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

We do not know his situation at Wednesday, maybe he his not to happy and wishes to end his career at Derby the club he respects and enjoyed being a part of, cannot see it happening for any other club only have to make a small offer and that will put us out of the running. Meeting up with the Wednesday guy on wednsday night for a beer and maybe he will shed some light, and Walkley Owl may have the wrong end of the stick with what he heard about him not happy at Derby, maybe its Wednesday he his not happy at, who knows not me.

When he put our shirt on it was covid miserable times and if any player was happy there is something wrong with them and we were dreadful 

42 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

When he put our shirt on it was covid miserable times and if any player was happy there is something wrong with them and we were dreadful 

Go onto Ex Rams Lee Gregory, last thursday post and you will see what i put up about Lee Gregory.

1 hour ago, SirBrian said:

Go to Ex Rams, Lee Gregory last thursday post and you will see what i put up about Lee Gregory.

Will Wednesday release on a free transfer - UNLIKELY 

Would Wednesday sanction a transfer to a  promotion rival - UNLIKELY

Is a Sheffield lad who supports Wednesday, who is a regular starter and last year's top goal scorer wanting a move to a team in same division on similar money - UNLIKELY

Then again Chansarai is a bit erratic so he'll have signed for us on Thursday 

Edited by Donkey Derby

Go onto Ex Rams Lee Gregory, last thursday post and you will see what i put up about Lee Gregory.

Go to Ex Rams, Lee Gregory last thursday post and you will see what i put up about Lee Gregory.

Do we have to go twice?

2 hours ago, Donkey Derby said:

Is a Sheffield lad who supports Wednesday, who is a regular starter and last year's top goal scorer wanting a move to a team in same division on similar money - UNLIKELY

He's actually a Blades fan, but otherwise agree

Edited by chewbacca

3 hours ago, Donkey Derby said:

They now have more striking options through the door. He's 34 probably on more wages than they probably want to pay. More than LIKELY they will allow him to go. Maybe not for free or on loan though, which is our problem.

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

They now have more striking options through the door. He's 34 probably on more wages than they probably want to pay. More than LIKELY they will allow him to go. Maybe not for free or on loan though, which is our problem.

They were potentially waiting for Smith to return from injury first. He came off the bench in the season opener but has been out since, should be back very soon.

Gregory, Smith, Paterson, Windass, Mighten and Wilks all competing for just two spots upfront? I can see them trying to get rid of at least one of them.

Would have thought it less surprising were Gregory to sign than Hourihane already having doing so. Also, we don't know how these guys' contracts are being framed. If the deal is Ok or slightly sub-optimal basic wage, but with some seriously hefty bonuses that will pay themselves - Top 6, Play-Off Final, Promotion - then I can see a good few being tempted. I reckon the team will already fancy they've a decent chance of collecting, so riding that train isn't the daftest option.

15 hours ago, Donkey Derby said:

If Callum Patterson available might be worth a look

Can play  right full back or as a back up striker who usually scores against us.

Also only 27 and not in Wednesdays plans, so more likely they would be looking to get rid

Doubles up the cover for only one wage. Cracking player, the like that runs his heart out every game. Frees up Knight to move forward but doesn't stop Oduroh's progression since he can play as striker too. 

12 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Doubles up the cover for only one wage. Cracking player, the like that runs his heart out every game. Frees up Knight to move forward but doesn't stop Oduroh's progression since he can play as striker too. 

Oduroh can play as a striker??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

On 30/08/2022 at 09:30, PistoldPete said:

NML and Dobbin seem pretty pacy to me. Barks not too shabby either. 

Agree, they just need to try and get higher up the pitch and closer to collins

i understand the calls for some pace through the middle to stretch teams, elongate the pitch and give our creative players more space to operate in. 

I really hope we can get someone other than Gregory and different to him. I feel he is a quite similar type of player to Collins, not particularly tall, not particularly strong, not particularly quick and getting on a bit. Actually getting on a lot. I'd like to see us go for something different. If it has to be an old guy then someone big and tall who can bully defenders and head it such as Andy Carroll. Alternatively a young quick lad on loan