v Peterborough (H) Match Thread

Day

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

A bit harsh to take captaincy off him for it.

Without him this season we would already be down. He’s stepped up when it counts many times. 3 games out is enough punishment for him. He will come back fresher and ready to make up for it without taking the armband off him. 

Yep.  With our attacking options withering by the week, we might be 8 or 9 points behind Reading by then . Long as he scores a couple in a months time though. The 3 game punishment isn't punishment for him it's all on the players and supporters he binned off today with his ridiculous temper.  Reading just sacked there manager, even better

7 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Will be available for the last 11 games of the season. Can come back with a point to prove and make a huge difference. Sibbo’s time to shine.

By the time the 3 game ban is over because we are now extremely thin in the goal scoring department we could be 9 or ten points behind by then... that's a problem.

7 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

In fairness to Wazza, I think it was a last ditch attempt to get the lad to calm down and accept the responsibility of playing for something other than just himself. He's shown this season what a key player he can be after all. That said, Tom's let him down really badly today and I suspect Wane will make him aware of that fact. 

He his 28 he will never change, had hoped that he would see out the season with maturity, sadly on and off the pitch  an embarrassment, so much talent wasted but heyo £20 grand plus a week, Curtis £4,500 a week, will not have a go at Tom but hope he is not with us next season, thank you goodbye

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I don't see how hammering Lawrence or punishing him would be productive. I don't see how it benefits us. 

It's down to character imo, If Lawrence sulks if WR takes the armband off him it shows he's not worth a light, People and teams with fight come back from adversity, The team with Lawrence in it have bridged a huge gap, Now he's going AWOL for 3 games, Others are going to have to take over, A petulant tackle could just could have dire concequences for us...only time will tell.

I'll stick with CD being Captain and see how Lawrence accepts the situation...over to you WR

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

We simply have to win this game, have to. Draw doesn’t do anything. I know that’s pressure on the players but there’s no other way around it and ultimately isn’t it these types of games that players get into football for? 

Full house, at home, them down to 10 men. 

Which means it will finish 1-0 to Peterborough. . . because it’s us and that’s what we do. 

God I hope I’m wrong!! 

@Derbados God listened and  agreed, which was nice!

I couldn't handle the warm house, after being out for lunch and a pleasant walk in the snow I kept tabs on here, of the first half and on Sky Sports, BBC Football page etc and actually thought at half time that the ref is bound to match that red card up by sending one of our lads off, which I didn't want to post on here, as it sounds doom and gloom, but it wouldn't suprise me.

Enjoyed my panicky walk in the snow listening to some top tunes, trying to forget about the football, got back in the house, checked the score on Google at 5:09pm and saw the red card and the Final Score, and relaxed into the sofa, so glad for Sibley, the fans, and Derby County, then went to see if Reading had messed up their 0-2 half time lead, nearly a comeback from Preston, but hey ho, it's all about what Derby County does and I'm happy and ready for a celebration beer.

Up The Rams.

Ps......This came on my random mix as I walked through the snow talking with God. He's not only a DJ.........

I don't really see the Reading win as a negative tbh, just very happy we got a much needed win really. 

Also the fact that they won made that Sibley goal even more important. That doesn't go in and we don't score and we are 7 points off safety and looking like we have a very hard task to stay up.

Think with Reading getting Joa back+ a win today and the potential for a new manager bounce we'll have to win a few more than we might of otherwise had to, still have the feeling we'll just about stay up though.