Huddersfield Town (A) Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

The most galling thing about all this is that after spunking all the money on hang average players and failing to get up the league is as poor as I’ve ever seen it. Huddersfield are a very poor team yet up to 5th. Maybe with better management we may have stood a better chance in the last year or so. Yet here we are making a proper battle of it with kids and freebies. 

Having said that, I love the fight and togetherness of the club, players, staff and fans. 

Onto the next. COYR

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Disappointing but we move on. Away fans outsing the home fans again. Unlucky with the goals but it just shows we cannot afford these injuries and suspensions because the squad is so thin. 

Don’t worry about Stearman. Erin slots in fine. Fozzy as back up. Hopefully CKR and Birdy injures not too bad 

Need a spark from somewhere in the next couple of games to stop this from becoming a losing run.... 

Huddersfield an annoying no-mark team. And Duane Holmes can do one, the ungracious little twerp. 

He'd better not set foot in Hampshire, we still enjoy an evening of dwarf tossing down here..... 

.... Where's your meme hintonsboots? ?

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Byrne takes a crap free kick and then bulldozed into their player out of frustration. Takes out his legs and gets a yellow. Absolutely no need.

That was payback for the Huddesfield man taking Ebosele out and not being carded fir it.

Can't help but feel sorry for the coaching staff in the last two games.

Had a game plan v Birmingham. Looked really good for 5 mins, then they score with their first real solid chance after 7 mins. Game plan goes out the window.

Had a game plan v Huddersfield. Stearman gets sent off after 3 mins. Game plan goes out the window.

All the prep just being thrown away because we haven't started well in both games. Hull on Tuesday night hopefully we get a chance to go in with a lineup and a game plan we're happy with and hopefully get a performance and 3 points to remind everyone what we've got in our locker.

Lately we just look like a team defeated while fans are still getting up the stairs. That doesn't represent us, that's not what we're normally like. We need to remind everyone of this, including ourselves.

After a 2.0 defeat, I would normally be very down, but can't help but feel so much pride in that performance, the fans were brilliant and it took a deflected shot to beat our outstanding defence.  Looking forward to next Tuesday and what ever team we are able to put out, I know that I will be fully behind them.

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

The most galling thing about all this is that after spunking all the money on hang average players and failing to get up the league is as poor as I’ve ever seen it. Huddersfield are a very poor team yet up to 5th. Maybe with better management we may have stood a better chance in the last year or so. Yet here we are making a proper battle of it with kids and freebies. 

Having said that, I love the fight and togetherness of the club, players, staff and fans. 

Onto the next. COYR

Agreed. Remarkable we couldn’t get promoted out of this league with lampards or Clements teams when you see the state of the league today