Huddersfield Town (A) Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

45 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Absolutely - it’s the accusatory sound bites of the last 2-3 years that people believe to be facts - there’s not much we can do about it. Even a full public inquiry wouldn’t do much as nobody outside of Derby country supporters would read it.

Also there's now a fair bit of jealousy occurring as the media concentrates on 'fighting' Wayne Rooney's Derby County and their attempt to complete The Great Escape!

Other Championship fans must hate it, we're down the bottom and still the media is more interested in us than them! ? 

Edited by RoyMac5

10 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Am I in a minority who thought Huddersfield looked quite decent? Moved the ball around quite nicely I thought. 

11 Vs 10 there's going to be space to move the ball about, With our backs to the wall...even more so, IMO the standard of football in this division is as exciting as watching paint dry or grass grow.

Whoever gets promoted with Fulham are going to be jail bait for the Premier League...even with a fist full of $s

7 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

11 Vs 10 there's going to be space to move the ball about, With our backs to the wall...even more so, IMO the standard of football in this division is as exciting as watching paint dry or grass grow.

Whoever gets promoted with Fulham are going to be jail bait for the Premier League...even with a fist full of $s

Well, Udders are unbeaten in 11 games now so must be the best amongst a bad bunch then......

4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I don't understand how many says it wasn't red. Don't you guys know the rules?

Jumping in studs up, high to the ankle... Straight red every single time.

You're right Dimmu that's what the rule says, BUT!, There's many instances in the game today where it's only punished/or not punished by a yellow or a quiet talking too, This Ref went by the rules, No hesitaion, Billy the Kid couldn't have drawn his gun any quicker than this ref did with the Red Card.

Some officials are officious, While some(tongue in cheek here)use a bit of common sense.

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

You're right Dimmu that's what the rule says, BUT!, There's many instances in the game today where it's only punished/or not punished by a yellow or a quiet talking too, This Ref went by the rules, No hesitaion, Billy the Kid couldn't have drawn his gun any quicker than this ref did with the Red Card.

Some officials are officious, While some(tongue in cheek here)use a bit of common sense.

Here's a clip - it might be the mods remove it as its from the tv? - if we'd been at home it'd probably have been yellow I reckon.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I’d say the stupidity was Alsop giving him a suicide pass on the edge of the area….

It's all stupid. Personally I don't blame for players for it so much when it's an instruction from the manager to play that way. You have to expect duck ups when adopting a risky strategy not really suited to Championship players.

It's how you deal with the duck ups when they do occur that matters.

...and that shouldn't be by diving in, risking a red card and 3 game suspension when you're one of only 2 senior CBs at the club.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Here's a clip - it might be the mods remove it as its from the tv? - if we'd been at home it'd probably have been yellow I reckon.

My honest opinion after some 20 viewings...Not a Red Card, It was a forcefull tackle and he got the ball with his foot SLIGHTLY RAISED, It looks like it was Stearmans trailing leg that caught the player, Who with most of todays Pro players brings a knife and fork to the game just to make a meal of any physical confrontation...PAH!

10 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Why are people focussing on Stearman and not the umpteenth time Thompson has been caught in possession in his own defensive third?

Because Thompson's a kid who shouldn't really be playing regularly at this level yet and normally wouldn't be, and Stearman's a vastly experienced defender* who should know better.

(*albeit it an error-prone, last ditch merchant styled one with a tendency to get pulled out of position, but now without the pace to recover from it)

Edited by Coconut's Beard

First time I've seen it as was driving at the time and listening to the radio and there were no replies on red button by the time I got home. No complaints there, ref was well within his rights to send him off. Lunged, out of control, studs showing. Wasn't the worst tackle, but you can see why he walked.

Thompson needs to watch this and learn. The ball from RA isn't the worst, Thommo's got an easy option on his right or he can change his body position to shield but he doesn't seem to be aware at all of what's around him, and loses it far too easily. 

Edited by VulcanRam

5 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Because Thompson's a kid who shouldn't really be playing regularly at this level yet and normally wouldn't be, and Stearman's a vastly experienced defender who should know better.

Yeah he’s a kid but he’s still judged on what he does once selected. Stearman was literally lunging in to try and bail him out and to save a 1 on 1 on goal. Thompson has done exactly that several times of late and teams have sussed him out a little…