Huddersfield Town (A) Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

we shot ourselves in the foot tonight. Yes, Stearman got sent off but that's because we're still passing it around the back when really we don't have the players to do this. I also think bringing Sibley off was an error tonight, we desperately needed him as an outlet and taking him off changed the nature of the game. I think whilst the first goal was desperately unlucky we kind of made our own luck today with the tactics. Against Birmingham we didn't deserve anything and today I'm not sure we did either. 

I think the frailty of the squad is beginning to show unfortunately and with Stearman out at the worst possible time my belief in the great escape is starting to falter. If Reading hit any kind of form I think we'll really be struggling.  

Edited by Leeds Ram

4 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Still can't get over all the hate that's out there for us. It's almost like we murdered someone. We've had punishment way in excess of the crime and people are still baying for blood. What is wrong with these people? They actively spend more time trolling Derby than supporting their own clubs. Can't say I ever go on other clubs social media to troll other teams.

Social media wise: it all stems from that meme with Morris and the strings. 

3 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Still can't get over all the hate that's out there for us. It's almost like we murdered someone. We've had punishment way in excess of the crime and people are still baying for blood. What is wrong with these people? They actively spend more time trolling Derby than supporting their own clubs. Can't say I ever go on other clubs social media to troll other teams.

If you have the likes of Couhig and Gibson saying again and again that we were systematically cheating, a lot of the mud sticks. Tell people what they want to believe and, well, a lot of them will believe it 

4 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Much the same as the utter glee that will come if Newcastle get relegated this season from other fans. 

A lot of it am sure is from jealousy about the amount of money we spent, half of which ended up in the nearest urinal. 

10 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

we shot ourselves in the foot tonight. Yes, Stearman got sent off but that's because we're still passing it around the back when really we don't have the players to do this. I also think bringing Sibley off was an error tonight, we desperately needed him as an outlet and taking him off changed the nature of the game. I think whilst the first goal was desperately unlucky we kind of made our own luck today with the tactics. Against Birmingham we didn't deserve anything and today I'm not sure we did either. 

I think the frailty of the squad is beginning to show unfortunately and with Stearman out at the worst possible time my belief in the great escape is starting to falter. If Reading hit any kind of form I think we'll really be struggling.  

Sibley looked knackered even the Rams TV called it out when he fluffed our best chance of the night..thought he did really well to make the chance but should have scored.

16 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

2 years of media character assassination can do that to a reputation.

4 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Sibley looked knackered even the Rams TV called it out when he fluffed our best chance of the night..thought he did really well to make the chance but should have scored.

Even if he's knackered he needed to be replaced by Stretton then. Replacing him with cashin was a big error for me and changed the dynamic of the game. 

Wasn't really expecting anything out of tonight's game, a view reinforced after Stearmans red. But thereafter it was a great performance, full of the guts and spirit we've come to expect of this team. It took a huge slice of luck to break us and even after the second, we were still trying to get something out of the game. Stearman will be a loss obviously, but I thought Buchanan was great alongside Curtis, and Cashin defended solidly in the back 3. 11v11, I reckon we win that. Even with the injuries, I still think we've got a chance. 

In the stands, there was only one team in it. Truly unreal support. Well done all, rest your voices now for the challenges ahead. 

3 minutes ago, JPRamFan said:

I enjoyed the commentary tonight. It was funny when Rams TV cut to the fans and there was a giant dildo being passed around, and Owen Bradley was like at least the fans are enjoying themselves.

Did it have Gibsons face painted on the glans?