Huddersfield Town (A) Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The main issue with the sending off for me is that we now have had 3 sendings off and one after match suspension this season and not one has been a definite sending off as more about interpretation whereas our opponents on many occasions haven’t been punished anywhere as severely as we have.

It’s almost like someone has got it in for us.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

If only that were true.....

And that was a Huddersfield player only last weekend. ?

Yeah, we do see referee mistakes in every single game. Championship is almost as bad as African Cup of Nations. Unfortunately for us, he got it right this time.

4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Yeah, we do see referee mistakes in every single game. Championship is almost as bad as African Cup of Nations. Unfortunately for us, he got it right this time.

But many times, that could have been a yellow. Picking up on Sparkle's comment, where was that sort of refereeing against Forest, when Grabban sholud have gone, or against Birmingham, when each clattering given to Joswiack should have been carded, with the last on being red. It all seems to be one way.

Here is the late DavesaRam with his bit: Self-inflicted. And I don't just mean the faffing about at the back. RIght from the start we were passing the ball sideways and bakwards, with the back pass being the first choice. So all huddersfield hd to doc was close us down and we woould do a Monty Python and "run away, run away", and  no matter where we started off with the ball, it ended up back with the keeper. And then the chuckle brothers' playing it out fom the back. Has anyone done a lit of games or points we have thrown away doing it?

From 3 minutes onward though there is much to commend the team for. We defended well, and after a while adapted really well to only having ten men and were no longer playing defence v attack. And although Huddersfield can move the ball around well, and a very direct and quick to get the ball up the pitch, towars the end of the first half they had resorted to the physical side of the game, which to me is a sign that they were getting frustrated. And as the game wore on we started to push forwards and stretch their defence a bit. 

And then we took our main threat off, and slung a defender in his place. Game over, because intead of pushing Huddersfield back, we laid out a red carpet, and then it was only a matter of time. And even then, it took a huge slice of luck for the goal to come. Rooney should have swopped Sibley for Stretton so we could maintain thje forwards momentum, slight as it may have been. He has done a fantastic job, but he still has a lot to learn. Incidentally I don't think Byrne's yellow card was becaue of frustration. I think he was doing a payback- he fouled huddersfield's version of Jack Colbeck, who had been kicking away at Derby players all night, and had just taken Ebosele out on the touch line, right in front of the ref, and as you would expect h did nothing about it. So Byrne did!

As Rooney said afterwards the way the tam battled through the adversity for so long is a terrific sign, and bodes well for the future.

Also, an enormous shout-out for the fans, who were stupendous last night, and have got a load of plaudits from the Huddersfield fans.

RIght - on to the next one, after  welcome longer break.

21 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

But many times, that could have been a yellow. Picking up on Sparkle's comment, where was that sort of refereeing against Forest, when Grabban sholud have gone, or against Birmingham, when each clattering given to Joswiack should have been carded, with the last on being red. It all seems to be one way.

And the forest keeper, nearly caused me to break my TV

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

The main issue with the sending off for me is that we now have had 3 sendings off and one after match suspension this season and not one has been a definite sending off as more about interpretation whereas our opponents on many occasions haven’t been punished anywhere as severely as we have.

Roos vs Sheff Utd

Byrne vs Millwall

Ravel vs Forest

Stearman vs Huddersfield

49 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Maybe but the antics on Tom alone as he retrieve the ball was a sending off alone then baiting Ravel

There's a photo on Twitter posted by F*rest dogs showing him in the goal with Byrne in a headlock as he tries to keep Tom away. That's two 'headlocks' by their players with Sibley's assault, yet we get the same punishment?! It's the typical 'yellow card each' decision.

Edited by RoyMac5

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's a photo on Twitter posted by F*rest dogs showing him in the goal with Byrne in a headlock as he tries to keep Tom away. That's two 'headlocks' by their players with Sibley's assault, yet we get the same punishment?! It's the typical 'yellow card each' decision.

The Sibley assault was diabolical - was that a sub ?

I know I thought I saw a veiled 'punch' 'clip round the ear' on Tom as well just before that headlock to give both a yellow card was ridiculous refereeing.

Is there no retrospective reviews of violent behavior ?

Just now, Dethorn said:

I know I thought I saw a veiled 'punch' 'clip round the ear' on Tom as well just before that headlock to give both a yellow card was ridiculous refereeing.

It's not worth the effort. We've got to think about bigger things than wasting energies on F*rest Dogs.

43 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Not when Forest can keep Boro out of the playoffs ?