Birmingham City (H) Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

Just now, i-Ram said:

I think Bielik got injured by Alsop. I think he jumped on him/pulled him back as he was wheeling away to the crowd to celebrate. Forgot momentarily he was made of glass. Be a great shame, but oh so bloody typical, if he has a new unrelated injury. Good point. Poor performance generally. Plange looking a decent player.

As he got off the floor he was holding his arm..the diving on him by Allsop and others didnt help did it..

Birmingham fans are a vile bunch. Absolutely grim bunch of people. I actually thought it was going to be a collective “duck the efl” and the dodgy owners of both clubs but no. Should have guessed that they’d be chanting about Derby dying. They got what they deserved in the end and I couldn’t be happier about it. 

10 minutes ago, roboto said:

I’ve broken my collarbone before and it sucks, but can heal quickly if not too bad. Also, he can maintain fitness or get back to training sooner than he would be able to with a leg injury.

Hopefully it’s just a dislocation and he can continue his comeback.

I've done my left collabone twice, The most painfull experience, Once when sledging and the other football

Edited by Unlucky Alf

First half poor, disappointing in fact with the scenes outside Pride Park and the city pre match. Never felt so deflated at half time.

Second half, completely different team, Birmingham let off the gas after their second which helped us, we deserved the point in the end.

Should it have been a penalty from Mengi's handball? Yes

Should Bielik's goal of stood with Stearman offside and arguably a high boot? No.

Birmingham fans will be fuming, understandable especially in the last minute, but the two poor decisions equalled themselves out.

Do not let off the gas against us.

Teams should be listening, we don't sing we'll fight till the end for no reason. We will fight until the end.

BBC really is garbage isnt it..not a mention of the red card handball in the report...then this..surely if thats worth a mention so was the red and penalty..

Then, six minutes into added time, substitute Krystian Bielik returned from a year out with an anterior cruciate ligament injury to hit a late equaliser, which could have been disallowed either for the offside Richard Stearman's headed pass or for his dangerous finish with an overhead kick that nearly connected with Blues defender Teden Mengi's head.

Edited by Yani P

A very peculiar game of football that, but delighted to have nicked a point at the end. We were strangely nervy today, perhaps the huge crowd playing into that, but you could see the confidence coursing back into the side after the first goal. It's another point closer to safety and I'm sure Reading and Posh will now be looking anxiously over their shoulders with us starting to look quite hard to beat.

Horrible to see Bielik in pain again. Sneaky suspicion he may have a dislocation. If so, praying it won't require surgery. Kid has no luck at all but to his immense credit, it was a great goal and who knows how crucial the point it secured may prove to be?

A messy game all in all but very proud that the lads salvaged something from a game in which they had no luck at all.

#wefighttotheend
#savederbycounty

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

1 minute ago, David said:

First half poor, disappointing in fact with the scenes outside Pride Park and the city pre match. Never felt so deflated at half time.

Second half, completely different team, Birmingham let off the gas after their second which helped us, we deserved the point in the end.

Should Bielik's goal of stood with Stearman offside and arguably a high boot? No.

Birmingham fans will be fuming, understandable especially in the last minute, but the two poor decisions equalled themselves out.

Teams should be listening, we don't sing we'll fight till the end for no reason. We will fight until the end.

Not forgetting the SITTER Brum missed to make it 0-3

1 minute ago, Yani P said:

BBC really is garbage isnt it..not a mention of the red card handball in the report...then this..

Then, six minutes into added time, substitute Krystian Bielik returned from a year out with an anterior cruciate ligament injury to hit a late equaliser, which could have been disallowed either for the offside Richard Stearman's headed pass or for his dangerous finish with an overhead kick that nearly connected with Blues defender Teden Mengi's head.

Them nearly fouls…. ?‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Edinburgh ram said:

Birmingham fans are a vile bunch. Absolutely grim bunch of people. I actually thought it was going to be a collective “duck the efl” and the dodgy owners of both clubs but no. Should have guessed that they’d be chanting about Derby dying. They got what they deserved in the end and I couldn’t be happier about it. 

Me too . Never been so sickened . Shame we didn’t beat them but glad they ducked it up 

4 minutes ago, David said:

When teams are fouling and trying to break up play as much as Birmingham then refs are bound to miss things. 

Birmingham were impressive in parts, but had poor game management and thought the game was win. Played exactly like Forest did last week but without weren’t as good at it. So they were scuppered by their own tactics imo