Festy Ebosele

Animal is a Ram

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-500000-transfer-bid-6538868

Nottingham Forest are said to have made an attempt to prise teenager Festy Ebosele from arch-rivals Derby County.

The versatile 19-year-old was in the Rams’ starting line-up on Saturday, but was brought off after an hour as Steve Cooper’s Reds clinched a 2-1 win at the City Ground.

The youngster, who can play at full-back and on the wing, is out of contract in the summer and is said to have a number of teams monitoring him.

According to a report in the Mail on Sunday, he “rejected a move” to Forest after a £500,000 bid was made.

Good lad.

I'd be gutted to lose Festy - I think he has the most raw ability of all our youngsters, and even at this early stage of his career, he already offers more pace and dynamism than anyone else in our squad. If he continues to improve and adds more end product to his game then we'll probably lose him eventually, but to see him go to Forest for 500K would be horrifying.

13 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

£500k !!!! 

And the Administrators must've accepted it if it's true that Festy rejected it - which undermines what Rooney has been saying about him having the final say.

And it must mean we're miles away from a takeover.

Why assume what is written in (or reported to) the Notts Post is gospel?

Forest would have their own reasons for suggesting that the Administrators accepted their bid. Either way, it seems to have failed.

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Why assume what is written in (or reported to) the Notts Post is gospel?

Was just going to say the same..... all the complaints we read about Derbyshire Live regurgitating social media stories yet people are quick to believe the Notts equivalent......

48 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

£500k !!!! 

And the Administrators must've accepted it if it's true that Festy rejected it - which undermines what Rooney has been saying about him having the final say.

And it must mean we're miles away from a takeover.

Jumping to conclusions a bit there. It could just as easily be along the lines of

Admins > Rooney: Forest have called us up saying they want Ebosele for 500k, we know it's a ridiculously low offer but we feel we have a responsibility to let you know about it. What do you think?

Rooney > Admins: I want to keep him, and of course that's a ridiculously low offer but we have a duty to ask Festy if he wants to go. I won't stand in the way of any player who wants a move.

Rooney > Festy: I think I already know the answer to this, but what do you want to do?

Festy rejects the idea outright, the bid is thrown out, the NEP report it as Festy rejecting the move and suddenly a very quick courtesy call becomes an offer we accepted rather than an offer we discussed as a matter of course.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

23 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So there is a forest guy on Efl board . Forest have made two low ball bids for our players.

and Efl has given us an ultimatum that happens to coincide with the transfer window.

it stinks to high heaven. Very very worrying also if we had accepted a bid of £500k for Festy.

I have said for ages that a lot of our punishment by the efl has been by stealth. The points and a fine is one thing, but it is the embargoes and the lack of being able to extend existing players contracts that will kill us. And the ridiculous decision to include all those who played in the Chorley cup game as professional standing players.

I’d much rather sell the likes of knight and buchanan over festy and sibley. In my opinion we’ve seen the peak of knight and Buchanans powers at Derby and although they contribute a lot if we were to get a few million for each of them then that’s a good amount to help save the club in the short term. Festy however is one that can explode into a beast of a player if he can improve his final product. Therefore giving us 10-15m down the line. Plus, if we do have to resign ourselves to relegation then I’d much rather do that watching exciting prospects like him. 

Also very pleasing that he himself turned down the red poo down the road.

Edited by Edinburgh ram

There is only one reason why if this is true, that the player has turned it down….and that’ll be that there is a strong indication of a better offer on the table or that the club will come back with an improved one.

Derby will be either :- 

A league 1 club next season

or

No club at all

Festy is out of contract in June and at the moment the club cannot offer a new one. He has a career to consider and ‘loyalty’ will not enter his head when it’s a choice of playing premier league or championship football or league 1! At best he will sit tight until May and take a fair chunk of that £500k as a signing on fee!!!

It makes you want to scream doesn’t it, a player who will easily be worth £5-£15 million very soon - if I was a potential buyer for Derby county and the administrators had sold him I would be drastically reducing my offer which means the club couldn’t meet the minimums required to repay creditors.