Festy Ebosele

Animal is a Ram

3 hours ago, Bob Gnarly said:

Sorry if i'm sounding thick here.

I don't understand how selling our 1st team players for next to nothing benefits us whatsoever at the moment? Whether that be the young lads or players on a higher wage.

Surely if we sell for a minimal fee, it doesn't actually get us money to keep us running for much longer regardless. 

Essentially if we are selling and could STILL go out of business, we may as well keep everyone and see how far we can get? 

This is what the administrators have said. They are looking at other ways to raise funds.

Its the wages that we are saving, which is our major cash outflow, which means less cash has to be found to keep us going. Lawrence is earning over a million a year dont forget. Marshall probably somewhere over £750k per year, Shinnie similar, Jags and Baldock best part of £500k per year.. add in the others and we have saved more than £2.5 million in cash outflow.

Lawrence another £1.3 million on top of that. 

Its all about cash and creditors now, we wont be handing out contracts like that for a long time, and I suspect very few championship clubs will be either.

52 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Its the wages that we are saving, which is our major cash outflow, which means less cash has to be found to keep us going. Lawrence is earning over a million a year dont forget. Marshall probably somewhere over £750k per year, Shinnie similar, Jags and Baldock best part of £500k per year.. add in the others and we have saved more than £2.5 million in cash outflow.

Lawrence another £1.3 million on top of that. 

Its all about cash and creditors now, we wont be handing out contracts like that for a long time, and I suspect very few championship clubs will be either.

Pointless saving £1.3m on Lawrence wage by letting him go, if (any) PB then immediately reduces their offer to buy out the club by £1.5m because they consider the overall value of the club has just been considerably reduced.  ?‍♂️

FJaV4xNXsAcKziy.jpg

18 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Pointless saving £1.3m on Lawrence wage by letting him go, if (any) PB then immediately reduces their offer to buy out the club by £1.5m because they consider the overall value of the club has just been considerably reduced.  ?‍♂️

FJaV4xNXsAcKziy.jpg

Maybe.
I think you only drop your bid if you think losing Lawrence affects the assumption you made about which League we'll be in. In reality he goes in the summer, so was never going to be part of next year's planning. Clearly losing him reduces our survival chances, but if you've already banked on us being in League 1, it changes nothing, other than improve the near term cash flow.

You also have a floor in the sense you need to pay 100% of football creditors & 25% of others and the bids don't seem to be much higher than that, so I suspect there's not that much room to manoeuvre. And you're only the PB, Q can always switch to the other bids, if you start playing games

34 minutes ago, Quagga said:

Maybe.
I think you only drop your bid if you think losing Lawrence affects the assumption you made about which League we'll be in. In reality he goes in the summer, so was never going to be part of next year's planning. Clearly losing him reduces our survival chances, but if you've already banked on us being in League 1, it changes nothing, other than improve the near term cash flow.

You also have a floor in the sense you need to pay 100% of football creditors & 25% of others and the bids don't seem to be much higher than that, so I suspect there's not that much room to manoeuvre. And you're only the PB, Q can always switch to the other bids, if you start playing games

Whilst we have a glimmer of hope, the attendances at PPS will continue to climb. Selling Lawrence not only vastly reduces our chances of staying up but also reduces the number of bums on seats.

Seel too many players under value and the club becomes less valuable. Eventually paying off the debt isn't worth while for a club with value and the bidders walk away.

We need to keep our players, announce a PB, get funding for the season, then we can start extending these contracts!

On 24/01/2022 at 11:35, Ravabeerbelly said:

Players and staff aren’t rejecting any bids. The only people doing the yays and nays are the administrators!

Certainly the Admins want cash but if Festy has a contract and chooses to see it out then they can only “force” him with a yay or nay by paying out his contract which costs … errrm money 

1 hour ago, jono said:

Certainly the Admins want cash but if Festy has a contract and chooses to see it out then they can only “force” him with a yay or nay by paying out his contract which costs … errrm money 

Costs money or saves money??

As I said, at the risk of being a league 1 footballer, Festy will only be turning down offers himself if there are better ones available. This notion of loyalty and turning down Forest is for the birds. 

1 hour ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Costs money or saves money??

As I said, at the risk of being a league 1 footballer, Festy will only be turning down offers himself if there are better ones available. This notion of loyalty and turning down Forest is for the birds. 

You’re missing my point. You said it was only the Admins saying yay or nay. That isn’t the case with a player under contract. 

2 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

And you’re missing mine if you think Festy said no or that if he did, he said it out of loyalty or not wanting to go to Forest cos he’s a Derby man ?

No I am not.I have no idea of Festy’s motives, he will have to look after himself and as a young man with the future in mind he will eventually make a decision, but it will be his decision. You said the Admins have the yay or nay. They don’t .. Festy is still under contract. Regardless of his motives, they can’t terminate it without paying compensation or with his consent if he gets a better offer or wants to leave anyway. 

3 hours ago, jono said:

No I am not.I have no idea of Festy’s motives, he will have to look after himself and as a young man with the future in mind he will eventually make a decision, but it will be his decision. You said the Admins have the yay or nay. They don’t .. Festy is still under contract. Regardless of his motives, they can’t terminate it without paying compensation or with his consent if he gets a better offer or wants to leave anyway. 

That’s very naive of you.

Its very true of a player that the club want out but has nowhere to go or does t want to leave, but if there is a substantial offer that the admins think ticks the right boxes Festy will be off. Make no mistake.

Its a moot point anyway because if the offer is a healthy one let’s be honest it’ll only be from championship or Prem and so Festy won’t be considering staying to play league 1 anyway. He won’t need any encouragement.

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

9 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Its very true of a player that the club want out but has nowhere to go or does t want to leave, but if there is a substantial offer that the admins think ticks the right boxes Festy will be off. Make no mistake.

Its a moot point anyway because if the offer is a healthy one let’s be honest it’ll only be from championship or Prem and so Festy won’t be considering staying to play league 1 anyway. He won’t need any encouragement.

You're guessing again

I think it's quite obvious that if a move appeared that's good for us, and Festy can set himself up for the big time, and get well paid for it he'd be off.

Quite why you'd use that argument to browbeat others posters, who are expressing any positive vibes they have left, is beyond me.

12 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

You really want a spat don’t you . How dull. 
it isn’t naive to correct you on your false assumption.