Festy Ebosele

Animal is a Ram

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Jumping to conclusions a bit there. It could just as easily be along the lines of

Admins > Rooney: Forest have called us up saying they want Ebosele for 500k, we know it's a ridiculously low offer but we feel we have a responsibility to let you know about it. What do you think?

Rooney > Admins: I want to keep him, and of course that's a ridiculously low offer but we have a duty to ask Festy if he wants to go. I won't stand in the way of any player who wants a move.

Rooney > Festy: I think I already know the answer to this, but what do you want to do?

Festy rejects the idea outright, the bid is thrown out, the NEP report it as Festy rejecting the move and suddenly a very quick courtesy call becomes an offer we accepted rather than an offer we discussed as a matter of course.

Also Rooney he has said he no longer has a say over who is sold, that came the day after the interview where he seemed optimistic he would be able to sign players.

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

At what amount of cash (given out of contract in summer) would we as fans be feeling “ok then, that’s fair”..

Anything upwards of 1 million will probably do it, paid up front of course. In a normal world we sign Festy up to a decent term contract and sell him for megabucks when the time comes, unfortunately we don't live in that world.

agree we should get him to make a decision after the PB is announced, then get him to sign a 5 year deal even if he does want to play in Germany - then we get a proper fee for him. Im hoping he will see us as a great opportunity, stay in the Championship with new owners, part of a team that would go down as legends - then help us get to the Prem...whats not to like?