Festy Ebosele

Animal is a Ram

17 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

You’ve not been a fan very long then!

Since 2006 (which is a relatively short time ago, I know). I know the generation before me will remember the likes of Eranio, Asanovic, etc.

But while Festy may not be a patch on them technically, I maintain he’s more fun to watch than even the most technically gifted players in the world. There’s something so pure about the way he just knocks it past the full back and completely burns them, time and time again.

17 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

But while Festy may not be a patch on them technically, I maintain he’s more fun to watch than even the most technically gifted players in the world. There’s something so pure about the way he just knocks it past the full back and completely burns them, time and time again.

And he's strong and takes no poo.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Since 2006 (which is a relatively short time ago, I know). I know the generation before me will remember the likes of Eranio, Asanovic, etc.

I felt the same about Ted McMinn

Edited by Quagga
Added video

8 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

How long have you supported the club? ??

9 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

^

While I wouldn't necessarily say Festy is the most entertaining player I've seen in a Derby shirt (I'm 46, so names like Saunders, Asanovic and Wanchope come to mind), I would say he is the most exciting of our current prospects, with natural athletic gifts that set him apart in our squad even at 19. If he can improve his decision making and overall end product, he could be a hell of a player in two or three years time.

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

If we lose Festy too, all I can ask is what was the ducking point of the academy. We are being picked off and all thanks to Mel Morris for abandoning us ????

If I was buying it at £6 million a year in league one or below it would be massively reduced or closed as pointless having it.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

If I was buying it at £6 million a year in league one or below it would be massively reduced or closed as pointless having it.

We're hopefully talking about 1 year maximum in L1. The plan with the academy doesn't change, but it may mean the youngsters come into the side earlier than planned.

One advantage european teams have over the English league, is that both Festy and Knight are classed as EU citizens being Irish, and so won't take up a none EU player spot in their squad.

German teams have no quota, just a requirement that a minimum of 12 Germans are in the squad.

Spain and Italy restrict none EU players to a maximum of 3, and I think France is 5, so either could move abroad with little hindrance, compared to similarly experienced English players.

On 25/01/2022 at 09:57, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

If we lose Festy too, all I can ask is what was the ducking point of the academy. We are being picked off and all thanks to Mel Morris for abandoning us ????

There's a certain irony in that the sales from the academy could save the club after Mel insisted x amount of players from the academy were played in the first team (whether the manager agreed or not) because it was the Derby way.

Thanks Mel

Edited by BBG83

Sorry if i'm sounding thick here.

I don't understand how selling our 1st team players for next to nothing benefits us whatsoever at the moment? Whether that be the young lads or players on a higher wage.

Surely if we sell for a minimal fee, it doesn't actually get us money to keep us running for much longer regardless. 

Essentially if we are selling and could STILL go out of business, we may as well keep everyone and see how far we can get? 

2 minutes ago, Bob Gnarly said:

Sorry if i'm sounding thick here.

I don't understand how selling our 1st team players for next to nothing benefits us whatsoever at the moment? Whether that be the young lads or players on a higher wage.

Surely if we sell for a minimal fee, it doesn't actually get us money to keep us running for much longer regardless. 

Essentially if we are selling and could STILL go out of business, we may as well keep everyone and see how far we can get? 

Plus each player will have an assigned value, being part of what any new owner is purchasing (Administrator's Report put the playing squad as having a total value of £18.5m).

Accepting any offer below a player's assigned value will reduce the asset that a new owner is purchasing which may lead to them reducing their own bid downwards.

9 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Depends a bit on if player wants to leave or not. If they are out of contact in the summer and indicated they will not extend then in Festy case, value he has in the summer will be compensation for development only.

So key for me is has indicated what he wants to do…

Well he's said he doesn't want to sign for F*rest!

I'm sure it's not a straightforward choice though is it, at least not until we can compete and offer a contract. So if that happens in this window, then we'll see.