Jason Knight

Heisenberg

13 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Finding the whole sackcloth and ashes routine rather tedious to be honest. We're not the first club to go into administration, nor will we be the last. We messed up, we, along with our creditors, paid a heavy price. It's over now, let it go.

Mel Morris is responsible, derby county just vehicle he used in his poop or bust gamble for prem big bucks ,

say a driver runs round recklessly in a car , kills someone , the driver is responsible and punished , the car is not banned from the road so I agree this derby should feel shame malarkey is wrong , derby county have been bought by a new owner and will be putting money and jobs into the city and money into hmrc long into the future and that’s a good thing 

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

Mel Morris is responsible, derby county just vehicle he used in his poop or bust gamble for prem big bucks ,

say a driver runs round recklessly in a car , kills someone , the driver is responsible and punished , the car is not banned from the road so I agree this derby should feel shame malarkey is wrong , derby county have been bought by a new owner and will be putting money and jobs into the city and money into hmrc long into the future and that’s a good thing 

Adapting your car analogy… it’s like Mel crashed his car into someone but then sold it off afterwards. Clowes bought said battered and falling to bits car and fixed it up, but certain posters here want Clowes to pay the insurance claim from the initial accident just because he now has the car!

Everyone seems to be convinced that Jason is already on a higher salary than we are able to offer under the Business Plan, but I'm not. It could simply be that he's been offered the best deal we can and is not currently willing to sign up. 

Either way, I'm dubious that Birmingham could afford to offer much more, and certainly not as much as others who have parachute payments, so it's hard to believe that they could be the best option available for him if he's determined to leave (which isn't even clear at this point). 

One things for sure - even without a business plan, we shouldn't be offering any player much more than the £12k/week we're apparently restricted to by the EFL. 

20 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Everyone seems to be convinced that Jason is already on a higher salary than we are able to offer under the Business Plan, but I'm not. It could simply be that he's been offered the best deal we can and is not currently willing to sign up. 

Either way, I'm dubious that Birmingham could afford to offer much more, and certainly not as much as others who have parachute payments, so it's hard to believe that they could be the best option available for him if he's determined to leave (which isn't even clear at this point). 

One things for sure - even without a business plan, we shouldn't be offering any player much more than the £12k/week we're apparently restricted to by the EFL. 

We gave him his current contract 5 months after he made his first team debut. I'll be amazed if he's anywhere near the £12k figure some people claim he's earning.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We gave him his current contract 5 months after he made his first team debut. I'll be amazed if he's anywhere near the £12k figure some people claim he's earning.

That's what I was thinking. 

13 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

We do, we deserved the 21 points and we’re relegated. We have to accept that

I am very happy to blame Mel Morris for much of his errors in managing the club. However the accounting methods used are not part of that blame as i think the first tribunal verdict was the right one. The subsequent EFL appeal was spite and the points deduction for it unfair. That points deduction , unlike the administration points deduction, was arbitrary and some of the motivation questionable. We could have appealed that, but by then our situation was too complicated. We have to accept the points deduction but that is not to say we deserved it.  This is all water under the bridge and it is clear that David Clowes is working with the EFL to restore relationships

31 minutes ago, DRBee said:

I am very happy to blame Mel Morris for much of his errors in managing the club. However the accounting methods used are not part of that blame as i think the first tribunal verdict was the right one. The subsequent EFL appeal was spite and the points deduction for it unfair. That points deduction , unlike the administration points deduction, was arbitrary and some of the motivation questionable. We could have appealed that, but by then our situation was too complicated. We have to accept the points deduction but that is not to say we deserved it.  This is all water under the bridge and it is clear that David Clowes is working with the EFL to restore relationships

Good point and it’s true, the EFL knew that, otherwise they wouldn’t have needed to make a rule saying it has to be straight line.

but you hit my point we need to move on

If Knight goes then I am completely convinced it won't be to Birmingham. Simply put, he is too good for them. If there are multiple clubs in for him then any one of them would represent a better option than a club with a basket case ownership structure, vultures circling on the takeover front, living dangerously with FFP and a crumbling stadium that is only ever half full.

At least when things got bad at Derby the fans were there and the club had a siege mentality to it. You won't even get that at Birmingham.

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If Knight goes then I am completely convinced it won't be to Birmingham. Simply put, he is too good for them. If there are multiple clubs in for him then any one of them would represent a better option than a club with a basket case ownership structure, vultures circling on the takeover front, living dangerously with FFP and a crumbling stadium that is only ever half full.

At least when things got bad at Derby the fans were there and the club had a siege mentality to it. You won't even get that at Birmingham.

Sounds as if Burnley are interested.In which case we should be asking for a decent fee if he does leave.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He had just scored 3 goals in his last 8 games. We were in a different financial position then. The speculated figures of £10-£12k may be a salary that has increased as he hit various levels such as appearances and international recognition.   

33 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

I can only ask  the questions, has Jason Knight stated that he will not sign another contract or that he wants to leave.

Not that I can see, and he doesn't seem the sort to kick up a load of trouble either. I hope I am not proven wrong there, but he looks to be an exemplary pro.

As much as Knight is an excellent player who I think starts every game (preferably in the middle) when fit, the squad isn't crying out for another midfielder, it's crying out for depth. 

He's only got one year left so I think we'd be lucky to get £5m although he's certainly worth more.

I wouldn't hold it against the club if we decide to let him go at a cut price of say £3m and use that to get 3 or 4 new bodies in, maybe a couple of loans and a couple of frees.

One would need to be a right back obviously. We only have two natural senior wingers so could do with two more. And maybe another keeper to push Wildsmith.

To me, a bolstered squad without Knight is far more likely to get promoted than a thinner one with him. 

2 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

As much as Knight is an excellent player who I think starts every game (preferably in the middle) when fit, the squad isn't crying out for another midfielder, it's crying out for depth. 

He's only got one year left so I think we'd be lucky to get £5m although he's certainly worth more.

I wouldn't hold it against the club if we decide to let him go at a cut price of say £3m and use that to get 3 or 4 new bodies in, maybe a couple of loans and a couple of frees.

One would need to be a right back obviously. We only have two natural senior wingers so could do with two more. And maybe another keeper to push Wildsmith.

To me, a bolstered squad without Knight is far more likely to get promoted than a thinner one with him. 

Good thing for us is letting Bielik out on loan has allowed us to get 4 more in. No need to sell Knight.