Care about DCFC - how to email your MP

In_The_Dark_Ram

8 hours ago, Bobby said:

I may be a bit dense here but are you writing to your MP’s to ask for help from the government? The same government that the club owes £29million to via HMRC!

I have had a think about this Bobby, and come to the conclusion yes you are dense.

I would let all your QPR chums know that Rick Parry is quite happy that we can proceed with unsubstantiated claims again about the behaviour of your Club a few years ago, and is happy to sit back and let the matter be arbitrated internally by a LAP panel.

Edited by i-Ram

8 hours ago, Bobby said:

I may be a bit dense here but are you writing to your MP’s to ask for help from the government? The same government that the club owes £29million to via HMRC!

Always nice to have the input on matters of UK taxation from a fan of a club who's owners are domeciled in tax havens..... ? 

8 hours ago, Bobby said:

Yes you are being dense. How much will HMRC get if we are liquidated? How much more will they have to pay in benefits for people losing jobs if we collapse? What will happen to Derby's economy if we collapse - on attending matches from away we pay for 2 nights hotel, numerous meals, go shopping, parking etc.  

Also do you have any idea of the mental health effect this is likely having on some fans on here who we know have issues already and those that dont. Fans are feeling helpless and desperate for a situation for which they are blameless and want to feel they are doing something. 

so if, as suggested you are not a Derby fan, if you have nothing constructive to add and this is all so entertaining to you, silence is golden

On 15/01/2022 at 21:50, Carl Sagan said:

Great post.

Another way to contact your MP is the https://www.writetothem.com/ website. Doing it this way ensures you are forced to include all the necessary details for the MP (so they have no excuse for ignoring you) and tracks the submission meaning if they don't respond their statistics look poor. 

Thanks for the link. I have just written to my local Rushcliffe MP Ruth Edwards.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

I've e-mailed Toby Perkins, MP for Chesterfield today. There should now be a cluster of MPs covering Derbyshire and Staffordshire who are alerted to the huge numbers of people asking for attention to be thrown onto this.

I noted he's already expressed support on Twitter yesterday, so should be receptive.