Care about DCFC - how to email your MP

In_The_Dark_Ram

I have emailed my MP in Central Bedfordshire (Andrew Selous). Being in a Luton Town catchment area, I reminded him that Luton Town also nearly went out of existence around 15 years ago so its a well known thing in this area.

I used the template but worded it slightly differently putting personal information (why I'm writing about a club that's 95 miles away).

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well I've tried my best with Ms Caroline Nokes mp for Romsey and Southampton North. 

She has no idea what dcfc and has declined to raise issues relating to "horrid places in the North". 

But on the upside she's well up for a bit of ow's yer father behind the Abbey at the weekend, so I'm well in...... 

?

Take her up the Itchen Navigation, if it's not too muddy.

I emailed my MP, but I do not expect much beyond an acknowledgement - I did say I hoped she and her scotgov colleagues take note as Scottish football has not been without problems with the SFA, SPFL and club governance and finances, and, to impress upon her that Derby County have friends and fans throughout the UK.

2MP's in Middlesbrough - andy.mcdonald.2nd@parliament.uk (Labour) and simon.clarke.mp@parliament.uk (Conservative)

My email to these two MPs:-

Gentlemen

I am writing to you both as sitting MP's for the Middlesbrough constituencies in the hope that you might take up the case of Derby County with Steve Gibson.

In case you are not aware of the situation I will summarise. Mr Gibson has had a long-standing feud with our previous owner, Mel Morris, given how Morris conducted himself in particular regarding the financial rule of the EFL. Morris put Derby County in administration and has effectively run away from the mire that has left the club in.

Middlesbrough FC have brought a claim for compensation against DCFC for approx £45m, against a club who are seeking new investment to protect the future of this original member of the Football League.

The basis of the claim is secret but seemingly has to do with DCFC allegedly overspending and that being the (sole) reason why Middlesbrough failed to win promotion in one or more seasons.

Irrespective of the chances of success of such a claim succeeding in court, it will not go away, the EFL insist it has to be dealt with (despite it not yet being won in court) and there now exists the very real possibility of my club going out of existence, following the likes of Bury (potentially as soon as 1 February). We have been deducted the maximum 21 points as our punishment and believe we should be able to take our medicine and move on. But cannot with two Swords of Damocles hanging over us.

How do you believe your constituents feel about Mr Gibson continuing down this course of action? From message boards the answer is that many could not stomach Middlesbrough FC being a significant cause of the bankruptcy of a fellow club. The importance of football clubs to communities and local areas will not be lost on either of you.

We have potential buyers waiting in the wings but they cannot proceed because of this (and another) opportunistic claim against the club (not against the man who orchestrated this not against the EFL who delayed their decisions to allow DCFC to survive last season)

I am not a constituent of either of you but I implore you both to look into this and ask if the people you represent would want the end game of this process to be the extinguishing of such a venerable and famous institution such as Derby County Football Club.