Care about DCFC - how to email your MP

In_The_Dark_Ram

Emailed my own mp,Michael Fabricant and recieved his reply today which was very supportive of Derby and ensuring his continued attention to the issue....

They all seem to understand what this means to us and the communities who follow and love Derby county.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

From my local m.p in response to my email;

Thank you for your email regarding Derby County Football Club.

I completely understand your concerns, and agree that football clubs like Derby County are the lifeblood of their communities. The liquidation of Derby County would be catastrophic, and I am keen to see this is avoided.

As you know, the English Football League (EFL) has given the club until 1st February 2022 to put forward details of a funding plan rest of the 2021/22 season or it could face expulsion. This follows the club entering administration in September 2021 due to significant debts, which also resulted in a 21 point deduction. The administrators have tabled some options that are available to them. Some bidders are interested in purchasing the club, and I very much hope that those conversations reach a successful conclusion as quickly as possible. 

While the governance surrounding the administration of Derby County football club is a matter for the EFL, the administrator and the club, the Government is taking a close interest and Ministers are receiving regular updates. The Sports Minister has urged all parties involved to take a pragmatic approach to securing the future of the Rams.

I will continue following this situation very closely.

Thank you again for contacting me.

Yours sincerely,

Michael Fabricant

Michael Fabricant MP 

[Member of Parliament for Lichfield] 

House of Commons 

Westminster 

London SW1A 0AA 

United Kingdom

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

41 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

From my local m.p in response to my email;

Thank you for your email regarding Derby County Football Club.

I completely understand your concerns, and agree that football clubs like Derby County are the lifeblood of their communities. The liquidation of Derby County would be catastrophic, and I am keen to see this is avoided.

Good to get a response (I'm still waiting for a reply from my local MP).  As some one born and bred in Lichfield, I was one of about 3 Derby fans in a school of 1200 pupils - mainly villa and Man united. Do you come across many rams fans in the city nowadays? 

Edited by Wistaston Ram

50 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Good to get a response (I'm still waiting for a reply from my local MP).  As some one born and bred in Lichfield, I was one of about 3 Derby fans in a school of 1200 pupils - mainly villa and Man united. Do you come across many rams fans in the city nowadays? 

I live in a village within the Lichfield district boundaries rather than the city and there are four sets of Derby fans here,all of us originally from Derbyshire.

I know there's a set of rugeley rams fans so there's obviously a few about this end of the county.