Care about DCFC - how to email your MP

In_The_Dark_Ram

54 minutes ago, Matlock Old Ram said:

Emailed Sarah Dines MP for Derbyshire Dales as there are many DCFC fans in the area

53 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Also emailed Sarah Dines yesterday afternoon.

No response as of yet.

Fingers crossed she gets back to you.

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I've e-mailed Toby Perkins, MP for Chesterfield today. There should now be a cluster of MPs covering Derbyshire and Staffordshire who are alerted to the huge numbers of people asking for attention to be thrown onto this.

Toby is on the case (despite being a Sheff United fan ?

2 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Thank you, Pauline.

Just seeing that photograph of our local MP Pauline Latham, standing in front of the Rams Trust Community sign, has made me so angry. What the hell happens to all the brilliant work done by the Rams Community Trust (and those of other football clubs too) when a club is forced out of business by some vindictive little pr**k. What happens to all the folks they support? Hang your head in shame. You know who you are. If you were in my class you'd be sitting on the classroom carpet every dinnertime for the next year to think about what you'd done.?

Just sent this to my MP (Darren Henry) - a tidied version of some earlier ones

Dear Mr Henry

For context, many of your constituents on the border of the county support Derby County.

I’m writing to you as my MP because there’ is a very real chance that Derby County could go out of existence in the next two or three weeks due to an impasse between the Administrators and the EFL.

We have three credible bidders but cannot name a preferred bidder (according to the EFL) until we have settled potential lawsuits with Middlesbrough and Wycombe.

This is unlikely since these potential lawsuits are for around £50m and are also highly speculative. Middlesbrough are claiming our questionable financial accounting helped us get into the playoffs at their expense and Wycombe are saying  they were relegated by one point when we had financial irregularities which should have seen us relegated.

As Derby cannot name a preferred bidder (with their £5m non-refundable deposit), they therefore run the risk of not having enough money to guarantee fulfilling fixtures until the end of the season and and consequently may be unable to pay players this month. This non payment of players will in turn result in further punishment for the club.

My key point is that it might therefore be argued that the EFL's actions seem to be deliberately prolonging the impasse between Derby, Middlesbrough and Wycombe, a prolongation which in turn might be used by the EFL to threaten Derby's existence.

We have already had 21 points deducted due to the fiscal mismanagement of the previous owner Mel Morris who simply put us into administration and walked away.

Would you please speak to the Secretary of State and also put some pressure on the EFL to allow a preferred bidder to be named so that we can move on and complete the season.

It would be a travesty of justice if a founder member of the Football League with a Premiership stadium in a football-mad city and county was liquidated due to total intransigence.

Yours sincerely,

26 minutes ago, dog said:

Just sent this to my MP (Darren Henry) - a tidied version of some earlier ones

Dear Mr Henry

For context, many of your constituents on the border of the county support Derby County.

I’m writing to you as my MP because there’ is a very real chance that Derby County could go out of existence in the next two or three weeks due to an impasse between the Administrators and the EFL.

We have three credible bidders but cannot name a preferred bidder (according to the EFL) until we have settled potential lawsuits with Middlesbrough and Wycombe.

This is unlikely since these potential lawsuits are for around £50m and are also highly speculative. Middlesbrough are claiming our questionable financial accounting helped us get into the playoffs at their expense and Wycombe are saying  they were relegated by one point when we had financial irregularities which should have seen us relegated.

As Derby cannot name a preferred bidder (with their £5m non-refundable deposit), they therefore run the risk of not having enough money to guarantee fulfilling fixtures until the end of the season and and consequently may be unable to pay players this month. This non payment of players will in turn result in further punishment for the club.

My key point is that it might therefore be argued that the EFL's actions seem to be deliberately prolonging the impasse between Derby, Middlesbrough and Wycombe, a prolongation which in turn might be used by the EFL to threaten Derby's existence.

We have already had 21 points deducted due to the fiscal mismanagement of the previous owner Mel Morris who simply put us into administration and walked away.

Would you please speak to the Secretary of State and also put some pressure on the EFL to allow a preferred bidder to be named so that we can move on and complete the season.

It would be a travesty of justice if a founder member of the Football League with a Premiership stadium in a football-mad city and county was liquidated due to total intransigence.

Yours sincerely,

Thank you to everyone who has written to their local MP. It is building momentum now and we need to continue.