Care about DCFC - how to email your MP

In_The_Dark_Ram

Aware of other threads, welcome the calls for action and petition - just placing some useful MP contact info in one place that doesn’t get lost within a thread – perhaps admins could compile a pinned/locked ‘DCFC Needs You’ post that gathers together the things supporters can do?

Emails to MPs DO make a difference.

Enter your postcode to find your MP: https://members.parliament.uk/FindYourMP

When you email be polite and include your address with postcode.

Here’s four local MPs – DCFC matters beyond the city:

1.       Derby North - amanda.solloway.mp@parliament.uk - Conservative

2.       Derby South - margaret.beckett.mp@parliament.uk - Labour

3.       South Derbyshire - heather.wheeler.mp@parliament.uk - Conservative

4.       Burton - kate.griffiths.mp@parliament.uk - Conservative

What to say? Up to you, be polite, but things like:

·       The importance of the club for you, your family and community etc.

·       How you feel the fans and city are being punished and EFL seemingly more obstructive than constructive to the future of a founding member of the league.

·       Ask what your MP is doing to help save DCFC.

·       Ask your MP to raise the issue with the EFL.

·       Ask your MP to raise your serious concerns with Nigel Huddlestone MP - Minister for Sport, Tourism, Heritage and Civil Society.

Given the Middleboro FC claim is a big issue, if your MP is Labour perhaps ask them to raise this with the Middlesbrough MP - Andy McDonald

Given the Wycombe FC claim is an issue, if your MP is Conservative perhaps ask them to raise this with the Wycombe MP – Steve Baker

I’m sure others might have ideas, be useful to have a copy and paste email by someone who knows the details better than me.

11 minutes ago, In_The_Dark_Ram said:

Aware of other threads, welcome the calls for action and petition - just placing some useful MP contact info in one place that doesn’t get lost within a thread – perhaps admins could compile a pinned/locked ‘DCFC Needs You’ post that gathers together the things supporters can do?

·       How you feel the fans and city are being punished and EFL seemingly more obstructive than constructive to the future of a founding member of the league.

·       Ask your MP to raise your serious concerns with Nigel Huddlestone MP - Minister for Sport, Tourism, Heritage and Civil Society.

Given the Middleboro FC claim is a big issue, if your MP is Labour perhaps ask them to raise this with the Middlesbrough MP - Andy McDonald

Given the Wycombe FC claim is an issue, if your MP is Conservative perhaps ask them to raise this with the Wycombe MP – Steve Baker

I’m sure others might have ideas, be useful to have a copy and paste email by someone who knows the details better than me.

Thank you for sharing this and for some ideas on what to say. We need to get this raised, we have nothing to loose here.

28 minutes ago, In_The_Dark_Ram said:

Great post.

Another way to contact your MP is the https://www.writetothem.com/ website. Doing it this way ensures you are forced to include all the necessary details for the MP (so they have no excuse for ignoring you) and tracks the submission meaning if they don't respond their statistics look poor. 

I'd love to think that contacting my MP would help, but I've contacted my MP a few times and I'd have been better served writing my message out, sticking it in a bottle and throwing it in to the Trent and Mersey canal in the vain hope that someone important finds it.

My MP is Michael Fabricant.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'd love to think that contacting my MP would help, but I've contacted my MP a few times and I'd have been better served writing my message out, sticking it in a bottle and throwing it in to the Trent and Mersey canal in the vain hope that someone important finds it.

As a former Lichfield resident, you have my sympathies

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Title the email ‘Party Invite’ and they’re bound to read it!??

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

For those unaware, Fabricant is the guy on the left giving Theresa May a moment of concern.

6CF3E2CC-AA18-4146-88EA-E39B8A2214B5.jpeg

Just now, Ram1988 said:

Nothing lost mate and certainly worth a try. The more MPs who are aware the better regardless of their political party or area.

There must be a way for us to spread the word further. No mainstream media is even considering the strife we are facing. We are being painted as the bad guys, when us fans have done nothing to deserve this. 

27 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'd agree with you, if your writing on your own. Yes if they get a thousand letters, they will listen 

1 hour ago, In_The_Dark_Ram said:

emailed Kate Griffiths yesterday (Friday), only had the automated reply so far.

10 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

There must be a way for us to spread the word further. No mainstream media is even considering the strife we are facing. We are being painted as the bad guys, when us fans have done nothing to deserve this. 

There must be, I'm just not sure how. All we can do is try though including contacting our local MP, the press and signing relevant petitions.

I know there are a lot of Derby fans living a long way from the city, myself included. It’s my opinion that those people could have a much greater impact in contacting their local MP, to get this message spread wide. If the sports minister is getting this message passed on from 20, 30, 40 MPs rather than the four MPs local to the city, surely that garners more attention?

I have read comments on other threads about the change.org petition, and how it should be on the government website to demand a government response. Those petitions get discussed in Parliament weeks, if not months, after they reach the required number of signatures. We don’t have that much time.

For those (like me) who feel angry, powerless, frustrated, scared of what’s to come next: do what you can. Contact your local MP. Sign the petition. Support this club, it’s players, it’s manager.

@David- echoing the call for this thread to be pinned alongside the petition thread, please.

12 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

I know there are a lot of Derby fans living a long way from the city, myself included. It’s my opinion that those people could have a much greater impact in contacting their local MP, to get this message spread wide. If the sports minister is getting this message passed on from 20, 30, 40 MPs rather than the four MPs local to the city, surely that garners more attention?

I have read comments on other threads about the change.org petition, and how it should be on the government website to demand a government response. Those petitions get discussed in Parliament weeks, if not months, after they reach the required number of signatures. We don’t have that much time.

For those (like me) who feel angry, powerless, frustrated, scared of what’s to come next: do what you can. Contact your local MP. Sign the petition. Support this club, it’s players, it’s manager.

@David- echoing the call for this thread to be pinned alongside the petition thread, please.

Well said. The more MPs who are aware and liaise with the sports minister and the EFL about this the better. It doesn't matter which party or which area you reside in.