Graeme Shinnie - Given away to Wigan

JfR

32 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yeah and Baldock too.

2 lots of £4.5k plus say £25k between Marshall & Shinnie?

£34k x 23 weeks (to 30/06/23) = £782k plus £200k fee for Shinnie.

We're looking at around £1m total generated/saved so far.

Oh yes I forgot about Baldock for a second. I think Marshall and Shinnie will have been on more like 30k a week between them as well so we have generated/saved at least a million.

Any idea on todays attendance? if we keep having bumper attendances that also has to help too.

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Disappointing numbers really when 3,000 are Blades.

Still much higher than when we started the season. Let's hope we can continue to get around this mark for the rest of the season. The extra tickets sold and money generated in the concorse, buying programs ect  will all help.

6 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

These players must want to join said clubs when these offers are accepted surely ? So who the hell would want to play in a quarter full ground for Wigan Athletic ?? imagine their away support !!!!!? So in that case he has tarnished his legacy at DCFC for me .

Perhaps his train of thought is that he will unlikely be able to be offered the same terms at Derby anytime soon and if he can get some money into the DCFC coffers by commanding a transfer fee then he is helping out in that way.

He doesn’t owe us anything. He’s been a solid professional for us since he joined, but centre mid is where we are blessed with options (compared to other areas of the squad), so it’s better to accept offers for players like him instead of someone like Kazim or Davies.

8 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

These players must want to join said clubs when these offers are accepted surely ? So who the hell would want to play in a quarter full ground for Wigan Athletic ?? imagine their away support !!!!!? So in that case he has tarnished his legacy at DCFC for me .

Don't be silly. He hasn't tarnished anything. 

18 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Perhaps he wants to help the club by raising funds and cutting costs.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm surprised we've accepted the first offer for him and no Championship clubs were interested.

Dunno, I think he's borderline Championship/League One in purely footballing terms. Great guy to have around the squad but if the choice was losing him or Bird or Knight or Thompson... for me it's Shinnie every time.

7 hours ago, roboto said:

Perhaps his train of thought is that he will unlikely be able to be offered the same terms at Derby anytime soon and if he can get some money into the DCFC coffers by commanding a transfer fee then he is helping out in that way.

He doesn’t owe us anything. He’s been a solid professional for us since he joined, but centre mid is where we are blessed with options (compared to other areas of the squad), so it’s better to accept offers for players like him instead of someone like Kazim or Davies.

What nonsense,  in this case ‘ coffers ‘ is exactly what he is thinking about , his ! 

Do you honestly think a player would ‘ volunteer’ to join a club like Wigan so the club gets a paltry few quid ? 

He should have stayed the season and fought , then got his dream move to Wigan or Rochdale in the Summer .

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

A football career is a short one and isn't Shinnie pushing 30 and probably thinking about a few more years security. WHilst he's probably not exactly poor, i don't think hes in the more money than god bracket of footballers either.

So you’re agreeing with me , he has put himself first therefore tarnishing his legacy ( only slightly) in my eyes ! 

Maybe he took the same approach as Tom Lawrence? He doesn't want to move. He would prefer to stay and help the fight. However if moving to another club, with an incoming fee being involved, helps the fight to survive as an entity then he would do it? (Obviously he wouldn't go for lesser overall personal conditions, but it may not have been of his making)