Graeme Shinnie - Given away to Wigan

JfR

41 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I don’t believe that either Marshall or Shinnie were on more than 8k each personally.

Shinnie agreed terms with us when Lampard was here & the chequebook was well & truly open. He was on a free transfer & highly regarded at Aberdeen so imagine we had to offer attractive wages to entice him. I've seen uncorroborated figures of around 15k a week which seems about right.

Marshall was also highly regarded when we bought him for a nominal fee & believe there was a lot of interest in him too. Again suspect relatively wages (circa 15k) will have been needed to bring him here & would also partially explain why he has been frozen out here.

As a general point & just to echo what others have said, am sad to see him go even if he was a limited player. A heart as big as anyone & a lovely guy...I believe he was in the crowd yesterday supporting the lads. He'd have been struggling for a first team place with emergence of Thompson & imminent return of Bielik so made sense for the club. Also think he's done the club a big favour in accepting an offer from a League One club when others may have baulked at dropping a level...he deserves our gratitude for that on top of his fantastic attitude whilst he was with us. Top man ?

Edited by LeedsCityRam

Just now, leroyoftherovers said:

Seems the mighty Rams are well up to the test       again

Who has he gone to? Surely we would be better off selling one or two of the Crown Jewels, Buchanan and with much regret Sibley, than selling a number of players that will break the squad up?

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

What nonsense,  in this case ‘ coffers ‘ is exactly what he is thinking about , his ! 

Do you honestly think a player would ‘ volunteer’ to join a club like Wigan so the club gets a paltry few quid ? 

He should have stayed the season and fought , then got his dream move to Wigan or Rochdale in the Summer .

Absolute drivel

Edited by Wolfie20

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Plus the vaccine passport thing will keep some away. Even for pro vaxxers it's a frig to sort out and now being scrapped anyway.  

It was an absolute farce yesterday, old boy that comes with us doesn’t have a “smart phone” so didn’t have the app. Turned up with his vaccine cards to say he’d had 3 jabs but they still wouldn’t let him in ??‍♂️

3 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Shinnie agreed terms with us when Lampard was here & the chequebook was well & truly open. He was on a free transfer & highly regarded at Aberdeen so imagine we had to offer attractive wages to entice him. I've seen uncorroborated figures of around 15k a week which seems about right.

Marshall was also highly regarded when we bought him for a nominal fee & believe there was a lot of interest in him too. Again suspect relatively wages (circa 15k) will have been needed to bring him here & would also partially explain why he has been frozen out here.

As a general point & just to echo what others have said, am sad to see him go even if he was a limited player. A heart as big as anyone & a lovely guy...I believe he was in the crowd yesterday supporting the lads. He'd have been struggling for a first team place with emergence of Thompson & imminent return of Bielik so made sense for the club. Also think he's done the club a big favour in accepting an offer from a League One club when others may have baulked at dropping a level...he deserves our gratitude for that on top of his fantastic attitude whilst he was with us. Top man ?

Spot on comments regarding Shinnie as a bloke.

4 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

What nonsense,  in this case ‘ coffers ‘ is exactly what he is thinking about , his ! 

Do you honestly think a player would ‘ volunteer’ to join a club like Wigan so the club gets a paltry few quid ? 

He should have stayed the season and fought , then got his dream move to Wigan or Rochdale in the Summer .

I’d be thinking about my financial situation too if I was him. He is a professional footballer, he won’t be able to demand the salary he currently does for much longer.

He isn’t first choice for his position and will be further down the order once Bielik is back in the team.

He hasn’t accepted the offer of a transfer, the club (admin) have. We haven’t even heard that he’s agreed terms with a new team yet.

Im not happy that we look like we have to sell players to survive, but I won’t think badly of any player, or think they’ve tarnished their reputation with us, for moving elsewhere at this time.