Graeme Shinnie - Given away to Wigan

JfR

In terms of players who can operate in midfield we’re covered so it doesn’t impact the squad too much in that sense, however having watched the “we are Derby” episodes along with his performances on the pitch I think he’ll be a big loss to the dressing room in terms of character and leadership, same as Jags. Real shame if he goes, one of my favourite Derby players in recent years. 

2 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

I'm hearing Wigan?

If true its just karma coming back to bite us. We cherry picked their best players for a handful of magic beans when they were in trouble and im sure they havent forgotten that

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

If the talk of 200k is true that is around the value I would expect for him with only 6 months on his contract. 

Seems like that is pretty much close to the price the admin valued him at which is why it was accepted.

I was wondering how much the fee would be. I was hoping it would be nearer 500k.

If nothing else we have Marshall, Jags and Shinnie off the wage bill which must help in finding the money needed until the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

If the talk of 200k is true that is around the value I would expect for him with only 6 months on his contract. 

Seems like that is pretty much close to the price the admin valued him at which is why it was accepted.

5 weeks of Tom Lawrence's wages, to put it into perspective 

1 minute ago, Ram1988 said:

If nothing else we have Marshall, Jags and Shinnie off the wage bill which must help in finding the money needed until the end of the season.

Yeah and Baldock too.

2 lots of £4.5k plus say £25k between Marshall & Shinnie?

£34k x 23 weeks (to 30/06/23) = £782k plus £200k fee for Shinnie.

We're looking at around £1m total generated/saved so far.