Graeme Shinnie - Given away to Wigan

JfR

If it’s £30k then sorry that’s incompetence from Quantuma. Unless they’re doing it to make a point to the EFL that player sales won’t get the required money in therefore you need to reconsider your position and get this deal done.

At that rate we’d be lucky to get £500k for Knight. 

I'd be sad to see him go, the fee is a pittance but we're not exactly in the position to say no. It doesn't really pay for much, but at least we're not losing a really key player like I thought Jags was.

If Bielik gets up to speed quickly, with Bird and Thompson I don't think Shinnie would feature all that much. It doesn't take away from the impact he's had this season so far though, if this squad stays up this year, it'll be talked about for years to come. Shinnie would firmly be a part of that history, whether he finishes the season here or not.

If he was on a reported 15k (I don’t believe he’ll be on more than 10k££, then I’d be surprised if he’s getting more than 5-7k in League One at Wigan. Maybe an 18 or 30 month deal but I honestly would expect a Championship Club would give him a 2-year deal on 10k a week in the summer.

He surely still has a right to say no, let the transfer drag on for a week and see what happens at Derby and so on….

Talk of him going to a League one club as a "step down" doesn't seem to account for the fact unless we pull off a miracle we're a few months away from being a League one club ourselves. So chances are if he stayed and renewed he'd have been playing there anyway. And with the recent ante being upped by the EFL the mountain to stay up gets bigger.

14 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Talk of him going to a League one club as a "step down" doesn't seem to account for the fact unless we pull off a miracle we're a few months away from being a League one club ourselves. So chances are if he stayed and renewed he'd have been playing there anyway. And with the recent ante being upped by the EFL the mountain to stay up gets bigger.

If he is going to Wigan I'd say there chances of playing in the Championship next year are still higher than ours even with our recent run of good form.