Manager of the month

Foreveram

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

The context of Rooney's wins mean more than Blackburn having won more, in my opinion. 

In your opinion. In the opinion of whoever votes for this, it’s always just about who topped the form table in that month. There’s almost no thought that goes into it. 

A but like when man of the match goes to the guy who scored the only goal in a 1-0 win, despite the fact he didn’t do anything else all game. It’s inevitable. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

In your opinion. In the opinion of whoever votes for this, it’s always just about who topped the form table in that month. There’s almost no thought that goes into it. 

A but like when man of the match goes to the guy who scored the only goal in a 1-0 win, despite the fact he didn’t do anything else all game. It’s inevitable. 

This is absolutely true, from what I’ve seen in the past. Happy to be shown an instance where I’m wrong, but they just pick the manager of the team with the best monthly form. Hardly worth having a “panel” to decide.

I know I’m biased (and if you’re reading this, you are too) but surely Rooney has to win it in December? In terms of getting the most out of what he has to play with (which, at the risk of causing an argument, is surely the manager’s main job), Rooney cannot be beaten this month?

Mowbray at Blackburn  and Wilder at Boro (spit) have also been undefeated in the month, with 4 wins and a draw like Wayne.

Don't care for the award, prefer to be 'under the radar' and gathering points, though that will be more difficult if the good run continues!

There should be a Duffer of the Month as well, easily won by Marco Silva at Fulham for December; no wins and 4 draws, with a squad containing those Prem players and Mitrovic! LOL.

Whatever happens this season, my most ardent wishes are for Boro and Wycombe to fail in any promotion bid. Voodoo dolls fully employed. Their failure is more important to me than even the fate of F*rest & DirtyLeeds for me, apart from (hopefully) 3 teams falling below DCFC in the final table!

C O Y R

3 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

We lost at Brizzle (4th Dec.). ?

Yes we did lose in December: silly me.

I personally dislike posting  just for the sake of it but must acknowledge I really should have qualified things to specify Rooney's comparable recent 5-game record with the other candidates.

Scared kitten.jpg

12 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

OMG. 

If Rooney gets it, having earned fewer points in the month than Wilder achieved at Boro, does that mean another Gibson law suit?

Considering Gibson (in his tiny mind) decides who should be the next UK Prime Minister and the date of the Queen's abdication, one would assume he also decides who wins manager of the month ?