The Administration Thread

Boycie

24 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

That's not quite what it says is it? - They ask if that is the guideline and the response says

In these circumstances, the League in which a club is to be placed is at the absolute discretion of the Leagues Committee of The FA

I think that's good news in a way - I've been berated for suggesting that the FA would not place a phoenix club the size of Derby in non-league. It would be disastrous for the other clubs - their facilities simply wouldn't cope with the number of fans

The other part of interest is the timings

The issue is addressed at Regulation 6.3 (i) (page 177/178). An initial application would need to be made to The FA (Leagues Committee) by 1 March or within 21 days of the liquidation of the Former Club if later. A full application would be required by 31 March or within 21 days of the liquidation of the Former Club if later

Which means, if we're going to liquidate - it has to be soon if we want to play any football next season

As you’ve inferred Stive, the size of the clubs away support is not a factor in which league we play in. You can only go if you’ve got a ticket. There are plenty of bigger clubs in non league these days than in the league itself. I doubt away fans get many tickets for Accrington morecombe Harrogate and fleetwood, we’re going to have to get used to it.

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think there's a difference between "start from scratch" teams and "bought out of liquidation" phoenix teams?

Either way, I'm sure it won't come to that, I think the worst is starting league 1 next season on -15, which is not a great outcome anyway.

Starting league 1 on 0 points is what I expect.

But, there's still a chance of starting championship.

I doubt we'd see the starting in the championship on -15 points, if the PB is not paying creditors enough to avoid it I think the team might start to give up hope.

I think if we were starting next season on -15 points anyway, I’d rather it be in League 1. I think we’d be more likely to get promoted from League 1 starting on -15, than we would survive in the Championship under the same conditions.

But hopefully it’s moot. Easy for me to say as it’s not my cash, but I can’t see why any new owner would rather start on -15 over the sake of a few million quid, when they’re already committing to many millions as part of the running costs anyway.

24 minutes ago, England Ram said:

Maybe there’s no communication with the EFL due to the fact that any information given to them leaks out into the wider press and community almost immediately. 

Better to say nothing to them until there is an agreement to go public and move forward. 

That, and every time the admins talk with them, the goalposts seem to move

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Interestingly enough I thought what the general wider perception of Quantuma was from other customers or businesses that have used their services. 

first thing i noticed is that Derby fans are leaving scathing reviews via trust pilot, but also that the issues we are experiencing with them follow a very common trend. 

this is a review from 2018

9AB1D1B7-D427-4637-B75C-B34223E4279E.jpeg

Common trend. Example from 2018. Give your head a wobble.

Eric Trump Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not answering the EFL’s calls after missing another deadline is disgraceful.

Quantuma’s grace period has surely gone now. They’re taking the piss.

If I was in the middle of sensitive negotiations with bidders, I wouldn’t be speaking to the EFL either, because Nixon would be reporting the conversation ten minutes later.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If they are right that the EFL have been leaking confidential information, then I see no problem with it.

Their comms with fans hasn’t been good enough, I dare say they’d admit that and it might even be purposeful. The EFL, however, can go duck themselves. The administrators are clearly not happy with them and that is fine by me.

1 minute ago, SaffyRam said:

If I was in the middle of sensitive negotiations with bidders, I wouldn’t be speaking to the EFL either, because Nixon would be reporting the conversation ten minutes later.

Exactly this.

I think Quantuma seem confident the EFL won't actually do anything until they actually run out of money to keep the club going.

I would shut up coms if things are very delicate and confidential and the EFL having the information security and confidentiality of someone who responds to the email saying that they've won the Nigerian lotto.

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You still studying, or is this view as a result of a few months work/business experience?  How many times have you sang Duck the EFL in the last few months. I am all for Q treating them with total disdain.