The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Are they professionals, isn't this what they do for a living? 

Not expecting them to get any more sports insolvency gigs in the near future! 

The term 'failing upwards' springs to mind. Usually involves incompetence being rewarded by huge unjustified fees, promotion, awarding of lucrative contracts etc. Most UK politicians / govt ministers are beneficiaries, but it's also prevalent in the private sector. The likes of Quantuma being a prime example.  

Have the mods given up on the Daily Update thread? I hope not, but there's nothing for the last day, despite having had another statement from Quantuma and a thread of Tweets from the EFL. And probably more.

For people coming home from work it's great to quickly be able to see what's happening without wading through the hundreds of (obvs insightful) messages in this thread. Thanks

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Have the mods given up on the Daily Update thread? I hope not, but there's nothing for the last day, despite having had another statement from Quantuma and a thread of Tweets from the EFL. And probably more.

For people coming home from work it's great to quickly be able to see what's happening without wading through the hundreds of (obvs insightful) messages in this thread. Thanks

Have just put one up now. I’m currently at work, didn’t realise everybody else was having an early night ?

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Whats to up date. All we hear from Quantuma is their mantra of Mañana.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure why there is so much concern about players deals expiring today. If they want to join us or stay with us they will be happy to wait, look how many waited last summer.

They are probably already training with us, another couple of days waiting isnt going to hurt them.

I may be wrong, but in order to get compensation for losing the younger players (U23 or U24), do we need to have offered them an extension to their contract? I fear that Ebiowei may now leave for nothing and so will other youngsters, who's contracts have expired.

4 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I may be wrong, but in order to get compensation for losing the younger players (U23 or U24), do we need to have offered them an extension to their contract? I fear that Ebiowei may now leave for nothing and so will other youngsters, who's contracts have expired.

This is what's getting me so wound up. The ever increasing risk of us losing more players as a result of the chuffing delays. Sod it. I'm going to bed. 

31 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Don’t forget we do this voluntarily in-between our actual jobs and personal lives. So we’re not always active and present on here as much as we may like.

There’s only one update which the admin and EFL both simultaneously posted which I see @rynnyhas added to the thread now. 

28 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

@angieram was doing it but when a few absolute sausages (you know who you are) started whining that updates weren't being posted promptly enough for their liking, those trawling Twatter on their behalf quite rightly thought go find your own feckin updates then you ungrateful p*****.

17 minutes ago, ram59 said:

The retained list showed that we had already offered them contracts

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

If Moor Farm is the issue the consent for lease to be transferred  to the new owners might be the issue.

There’ve been a few suggestions that this might be the problem. It’s been a complex deal sure, but remembering to get freeholder consent to the transfer of a material lease does not seem to be in the difficult box