The Administration Thread

Boycie

I've already used the "Today is the day...... the teddy bears have their picnic" joke on an earlier "landmark day".

So who knows? We've thought it before.

What I do know is that there'll be a lot of us refreshing our browsers for a good part of the day. The good thing is that Clowes is in our time zone, so if we do hear anything it will be at a reasonable time of the day.

Also of interest will be the names of the trialists rumoured to be turning up at Moor Farm today.

Just now, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

What was said I this email from Carl Jackson that was shared last night? It’s been deleted off twitter since but seemed to suggest it won’t be done today.

Basically he said he won't promise it to happen or give it a deadline. 

That's what they've been saying since 48th deadline, which IMO is correct approach and should've been used from the start.

8 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think it’s a bit rich to pick me up on my “tone” considering your response to my original post, but there we go. 

If asking questions about how much a new owner is worth is “trolling” then fair enough. I’m only asking this question because Clowes has seemingly come out of nowhere and his wallet is considerably less public than Mike Ashley for example. (I would be asking the exact same question if this was Andy Appleby).

His net worth and his company worth have been guesstimated to death on here and elsewhere. 

You seem to believe that Ashley would have been better, maybe he would, we'll never know.

Mike Ashley has had 6 months to decide if he really wanted to buy DCFC, like you said, he's got the moolah, but he's decided not to outbid everyone else for whatever reason.

Its completely out of the hands of us fans, we have no say in the matter whatsoever. Right now, I am grateful to David Clowes for buying the stadium and (hopefully) the club as one entity.

All we can do is turn up and get behind the team from the first friendly onward and let the new manager and players know we are with them.

COYR ??

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Clubs in League one have to abide by Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP). League one, clubs can spend up to 60 per cent of turnover on player-related expenditure.

This is 75 per cent in the year immediately following relegation from the Championship.

If Derby are restricted on transfers, with a severely depleted squad, the advantage is to the best clubs already in league one.

This reminds me of last summer, when Derby couldn't buy players or take loans, the club couldn't get the best free transfers as they were restricted on what salaries they could pay.

Because Derby couldn't trade, until after the sale has gone through, it's now a case that as well as many of derbys players leaving or already left the club, there's a huge team rebuild required.

Many of the best free agents are gone.

Our defense could be the oldest in League one, a physical league.

Out of contract players Curtis Davies (43), Craig Forsyth (33), and Richard Stearman (34) reported back to Derby for training. At present no other club in the country appears to have made these free agents an offer.

How Derby start the season, will play a big part in where they finish. 

Rooney is on record as saying he wanted at least 40 new players to join the club.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17646712/rooney-demands-players-summer-transfer-derby/amp/

We have a new owner, is he restricted by the efl in what  invest? i think this restriction is for about two seasons?

Where as rooneys name might have encouraged loan signings to join Derby, our new temporary manager will not have the same ability.

Once out of admin we will be able to sign new players and renew contracts. No idea why we couldn’t before but that nonsense will stop. So big difference , hopefully from today. The salary cap will not be an issue for Derby this year.

10 hours ago, RAMS1992 said:

I’m not aware of any mountain of evidence that he did intend to buy it other than what we’ve been told by people who would want us to think that. 

Kirchner must have known that the money he used for proof of funds couldn’t be used to purchase the club.

Here it is, Q and the EFL have seen it, Now currently stuck in a clearing bank in Paris?‍♀️

image.thumb.png.eced1ececf4021c2674ee6f93dda57ec.png

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Clubs in League one have to abide by Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP). League one, clubs can spend up to 60 per cent of turnover on player-related expenditure.

This is 75 per cent in the year immediately following relegation from the Championship.

If Derby are restricted on transfers, with a severely depleted squad, the advantage is to the best clubs already in league one.

This reminds me of last summer, when Derby couldn't buy players or take loans, the club couldn't get the best free transfers as they were restricted on what salaries they could pay.

Because Derby couldn't trade, until after the sale has gone through, it's now a case that as well as many of derbys players leaving or already left the club, there's a huge team rebuild required.

Many of the best free agents are gone.

Our defense could be the oldest in League one, a physical league.

Out of contract players Curtis Davies (43), Craig Forsyth (33), and Richard Stearman (34) reported back to Derby for training. At present no other club in the country appears to have made these free agents an offer.

How Derby start the season, will play a big part in where they finish. 

Rooney is on record as saying he wanted at least 40 new players to join the club.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17646712/rooney-demands-players-summer-transfer-derby/amp/

We have a new owner, is he restricted by the efl in what  invest? i think this restriction is for about two seasons?

Where as rooneys name might have encouraged loan signings to join Derby, our new temporary manager will not have the same ability.

I don’t think Curtis will be happy to find out he’s 43

1 hour ago, Donnyram said:

I so hope it is………. getting fed up of being asked “what’s happening with Derby then” as I’m about to tee off on the 1st hole ?

When the golf club's Dawn Scramble pairs you with Chris Kirchner.....