The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

I am.

The bamfords have done everything they possibly can for over two years to kill our club.

Rick Parry is equally culpable as Gibson and Morris.

I wouldn't use the word concerned as it won't make a jot of difference to the proceedings who's to blame if the club folds. 

But Morris is the architect of all this. 

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I think most of us understand how capitalism works. Ashley is no better or worse than any other corporate entity in that he wants to make a profit at the expense of those further down the food chain.

If Ashley does end up as our owner, (I'm not convinced he will be btw), his only chance of making a profit will be to get us into the Premier League so it will be a different dynamic running a football club than his normal businesses.

Most business people like Ashley make money, short term at least, by cutting costs like pension liabilities, wages, working conditions etc but in the case of football he would have to invest in the short term to have any chance of recouping his investment.

Capitalism is not necessarily exploitation. 

And these days there is supposed to be far greater focus on Environmental Governance and Social responsibility.

My post was intended to respond to those advocating Mike Ashley as being "just what we need", or words to that effect. 

23 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

That’s for the ‘state of the art’ training facilities. Mel owns the stadium

I’m genuinely struggling to follow what you’re alleging here. Are you saying there’s a second MSD loan that nobody else seems to know about? And if there is, it’s nothing directly to do with the club - there’s no evidence of it on companies house, and certainly no charges relating to MSD were cleared on the day we went into admin.

As of mid November the club definitely owed MSD £20m, that’s a fact.  And the suggestion is that Morris has provided collateral (i.e. the Stadium etc) to cover it (in part anyway).  If that’s not the case, then everything we’ve understood for the last 6 months is wrong, which I find highly unlikely.

27 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I am.

The bamfords have done everything they possibly can for over two years to kill our club.

You know I love ya, but that's palpably untrue.

Morris has won Gold, Silver and Bronze in the club killing stakes, the others are just pacemakers.

33 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I am.

Please refer to the quote below which I can't add anything to at all. 

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

You know I love ya, but that's palpably untrue.

Morris has won Gold, Silver and Bronze in the club killing stakes, the others are just pacemakers.

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Haven’t 72 clubs signed off on an insolvency policy (that none of us have seen) that forms the basis for these decisions? If we knew what it said we’d know what is and is not in the gift of the EFL

The Articles of Association seem to suggest that there is much that is in the gift of the Efl Board. 

we do not know the basis for a 15 point deduction ..even the 12 point deduction that was said to be automatic was supposed to be subject to force majeure clause. 

and Ed Dawes sad it might be “up to “ 15 points… where he gets his info from I don’t know. It really doesn’t help that none of this is published. 

7 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I wouldn't use the word concerned as it won't make a jot of difference to the proceedings who's to blame if the club folds. 

But Morris is the architect of all this. 

True perhaps, but in life we all mess up. The difference here is that there is a governing body that is supposed to represent equally and in an even handed fair way all its members along with the game itself. It does not face the commercial facts of life that everyone else does. Mel was careless, he set fire to the sofa because he didn’t use an ash tray. The EFL is an insurance company that not only won’t pay out, it also refused to phone the fire brigade and invited other members to watch the whole house burn down. 

8 hours ago, Big Trav said:

One of the only ways the footballing world will take notice is if on sky cameras all 20k storm the pitch and the game gets called off. It’ll hurt skys pockets and people will take notice 

We would be a laughing stock. Can you imagine it?

5K chanting "Duck the EFL"
5K chanting "Duck Q"
5K chanting "Duck the Gibbon and that Wycombe guy"
5K chanting "Duck Modern Football, Sky Sports, Parachute Payments, HMRC, et.al"
... and then they all turn on one another.
Probably end up with the 2 left standing being the ones with the anti-MM banners.

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Liquidation seems likely now, it will then be up to the EFL where we start next season, league 2 or 10th tier.

Why? 

Two bidders, Mel, the EFL and creditors all with skin in the game and qualified legally appointed administrators whatever you think of them. Derby get liquidated - everyone loses. 

There is no way a deal can’t be done, it’s in everyone’s interests. Therefore a deal will be done but it will be even more bumpy until it happens. 

8 hours ago, Big Trav said:

One of the only ways the footballing world will take notice is if on sky cameras all 20k storm the pitch and the game gets called off. It’ll hurt skys pockets and people will take notice 

Crazy idea. Please, everyone stay off the pitch.

Such an event would get noticed but it wouldn’t have any positive effect. Potential new owners may interpret our passionate and loyal fan base as disruptive, the club would almost certainly face a fine and, who knows, perhaps games behind closed doors.

Also, how will it hurt sky’s pockets? They may possibly having to refund some advertisers but I doubt it. They’d probably continue to broadcast from the ground and not lose viewers as it would be quite a talking point. Obviously any subscribers would have already paid so, no loss of income there. Why would we want to hurt Sky anyway? It’s not within their power to do anything.

28 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

As much as I want to storm the pitch, make a statement, or even try and get to the directors box and say hello to Mr Pearce, my fear is rubbing the EFL up the wrong way, any more than they already have been.

Liquidation seems likely now, it will then be up to the EFL where we start next season, league 2 or 10th tier.

It is not up to the EFL where we start next season,if we are put into liquidation then we are expelled from the EFL. The phoenix club then has to submit an application to the FA to enter a league,the FA then decides,if the application is successful and meets all requirements which league the club joins. None league (National league) football from the Conference down is governed by the FA not the EFL.

Edited by atherstoneram
club not company

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

Q must not be in a position to  choose between one or other of the bids that give the best return for creditors or liquidate us  if neither of the bids aren’t enough enough to satisfy creditors.

Can’t be that hard.

Maybe they’re trying to do their job and, if indeed neither offer satisfy creditors, they are negotiating between the creditors and bidders to perhaps try and get a little more or amend the proposed payment period. Maybe the creditors will accept one of the bids (have the final, final bids actually been submitted to the creditors or do we need to get EFL agreement first, I don’t know) but the EFL want some minor/major amends to avoid the 15 point deduction.

The fact is none of us know but I suspect it’s not quite a case of that’s the final final offer, take it or leave it.

46 minutes ago, jono said:

True perhaps, but in life we all mess up. The difference here is that there is a governing body that is supposed to represent equally and in an even handed fair way all its members along with the game itself. It does not face the commercial facts of life that everyone else does. Mel was careless, he set fire to the sofa because he didn’t use an ash tray. The EFL is an insurance company that not only won’t pay out, it also refused to phone the fire brigade and invited other members to watch the whole house burn down. 

Regardless Of who is to blame and how much , clearly both Morris and the Efl have ducked up big time. 

yet either or both could help us even now. 

Morris  if he has the money has to help us out. And the Efl absolutely can remove any threats of further penalties if those threats are putting off buyers. Otherwise the penalties will only damage the creditors and are counter productive.